1. Sir_LoLz

OP Sir_LoLz Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I found this mod (http://wiki.tockdom.com/wiki/LAN_Multiplayer) that replaces the wifi functionality of MKwii with a LAN option. this is awesome. but it works as a channel on the homebrew application. I was wondering if it would be possible to patch the mod directly into the ISO? if so then I could use it on Dolphin on PC and have races with friends locally.

Thanks much.

2. leseratte

leseratte Wiimmfi Team

Germany
    In theory it would be possible, but as far as I know, nobody created such an ISO patch yet.

Doesn't that channel work on Dolphin as well? If not, you'd have to use Wiimmfi for multiplayer races.

3. IxthusTiger

IxthusTiger Cruddy's Buddy

United States
    If you can figure out what files are replaced by that brainslug lan mod, you can use this ISO patcher to patch them into Mario Kart Wii

http://wiki.tockdom.com/wiki/ISO_Patcher

Does anyone know Wiim or Chadderz so we can get some help with this?

4. IxthusTiger

United States
    tls at the Bean Counter on Discord says:

"brainslug works on Dolphin, so just create an SD card file with LAN multiplayer on it and run brainslug on Dolphin"

5. c0d4

c0d4 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    This seems to work. After mounting an SD with the files, setting the game to the standard disc you can start brainslug, press reset from the options menu, the game starts and the WFC Channel is replaced with the LAN Mode.

Unfortunately the two players can´t find each other if i create a room and search for it in the other game. Do i need a NAND Backup or something else?

6. IxthusTiger

United States
    I tried it with a NAND backup, and mine can't find each other either. I tried giving each nand a unique mac address using WiimfiUnbanner, and they still didn't see each other. I've tried it on a domain and a private network with the same results.

7. c0d4

c0d4 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Made a nand dump and tested it but it makes no difference. I´m wondering, why the ip is looking so strange, I only get 30.1.0.10 . Shouldn´t it be the same ip like my pc ? But the wii is online, it tries to update the firmware and the connection test was positive.

8. IxthusTiger

United States
    That IS weird. My Mario Kart (and Wii settings) IPs matched the computers.

Is it possible that this patch only works by plugging Wiis directly into a bare switch like OG Halon LAN?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - directly, patch, Mario