Can you load switch games from a HDD?

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Aside from this on cfw, it will be huge on just standard unhacked units but I guess this can cause more holes for piracy so Tendo just skips this.

I pushed some Linux on usb in Dock a week ago and boy this works way better than my cheap Intel stick some time ago :X I could only imagine what big of a deal could it be in 2017 if Tendo decided to implement such a thing back then. But again

0c447976-8fa5-40f7-b3a8-768a183e3196_text.gif

• Haha
Reactions: impeeza

Tomtani1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kind off. I am doing it with Yuzu. I have a big external HDD connected to my gaming laptop. Yuzu can run a lot of Switch games quite well. If you use an external ssd then the games list loads up fast. Even though I have a V1 unpatched Switch with a 1tb mictoSD card, I like to use my Yuzu setup so that I don't have to swap out games.

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
ye. if SanDisk will have em at that time then SanDisk
Post automatically merged:

but Kioxia ....honestly never heard of it

Tomtani1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will get the 2tb microSD card in a few more years when the price is around $100. With the 2tb microSD card we really don't need to have an external hard drive.

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You guys, 2TB is not enough for everyone. We are not you. It's not just about space. It's about hot swapping devices for different users, it's about not having to install titles and it's about storage costs per GB. If you don't want it, don't use XCI loading. That's fine. YOU are the ones that don't get it. Not us. Go ahead, wear out your SD while you write and delete all day, YOU spend a ton of money on 2TB cards or repairing your SD slot after the pins break.

I'd rather have a CHEAPER, MORE RELIABLE, SAFER SOLUTION IN XCI LOADING.

You come in here to troll. Leave. You don't even understand the situation and just regurgitate the same false propaganda. We don't need you. You have no value and are not productive to the conversation.

And if you have so much disposable income for SDs and repairs why do you PIRATE GAMES?!?

Same reasons you come to this thread, intrarectalcrainialitis and an inflated ego. Go away you small minded, smooth brained, sub-bridge dwellers. NOBODY WANTS TO BE LIKE YOU.

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course you always can open a IDE and start to code yourself had been processed possible on the past so anybody can do it again. I encourage you to do it
That's not the point. Fools come in here to contradict the point of the thread. Op asked if it's possible.. answer is yes

SX is free and works for a couple thousand games. Some really good games.

Then the conversation is about updating the HDD capabilities to work in atmosphere. Not likely. Possible but it's an arduous and thankless endeavor.

Then idiots start talking about bigger SDs and swapping out games. If you have the funds and time plus you're a single gamer per console household, fine.. but that's not everyone's situation. You make alot of assumptions and pretend everyone wants what's best for you. We don't. We have other needs.

Stop coming in to these threads and trying to convert people, confuse the situation and derail the thread please. It's so cumbersome and frustrating.

Reactions: Lamcza

barabanov

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
That's not the point. Fools come in here to contradict the point of the thread. Op asked if it's possible.. answer is yes

SX is free and works for a couple thousand games. Some really good games.

Then the conversation is about updating the HDD capabilities to work in atmosphere. Not likely. Possible but it's an arduous and thankless endeavor.

Then idiots start talking about bigger SDs and swapping out games. If you have the funds and time plus you're a single gamer per console household, fine.. but that's not everyone's situation. You make alot of assumptions and pretend everyone wants what's best for you. We don't. We have other needs.

Stop coming in to these threads and trying to convert people, confuse the situation and derail the thread please. It's so cumbersome and frustrating.
I agree, the point insn't a bigger microSD, but develop of this function in atmosphere.

Some projects had taken C & D of big N... people behind atmosphere don't want trouble bro, if someday works HDD, will be not by Scires

Reactions: Lamcza

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree, the point insn't a bigger microSD, but develop of this function in atmosphere.

Some projects had taken C & D of big N... people behind atmosphere don't want trouble bro, if someday works HDD, will be not by Scires
I am aware. I'm just trying to tell the peanut gallery. @SciresM isn't interested. He's stated it multiple times. I just hate fools coming in to these threads and trying to steer the conversation away from the topic. I am no coder, but plenty have told me it would be easy... but they don't want to have any legal woes. It's gonna take someone in a country that doesn't care about international laws. Still doesn't mean tools should come here and tell you how many roms YOU NEED or act like spending money is the answer for people who have none. I say use SX for all SX compatable games and save your SD for the current games. Logic. Some people don't understand logic.

viper3344

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use SXOS to load almost every game to date. It is true that you should not expect an update and that it will not work above 11.0.. However, you can run SXOS off an EmuNAND. Your SysNAND can be whatever. You can even have 2 hidden emuNAND partitions. And you can shrink the SXOS one so it's very small if you only intend on USB loading. I just wrote a tutorial on making 2 EmuNANDS. It's is written to go from SXOS to Atmosphere but you can very well do it the other direction. SXOS USB loading is amazing. ANY USB storage device works. I used a Wifi enabled SD card in a SD reader with on OTG cable in handheld today. SSD HDD flash whatever,

So the answer is YES, 100% SXOS is even cracked so you don't need to buy it anymore. don't listen to people when they say you cant use it. You can use both

The real reason they won't add it to Atmosphere is because they don't want to get sued.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...en-partitions-on-the-same-sd-tutorial.601607/

For the 2 emuNAND method. 1 for Atmosphere one for SXOS.

Depends what games you choose and if you delete them when done. Some games get to the 60GB territory. Let people make their own decisions.

If you are a regular Temper then making decisions for yourself should be enough. ;) Just playin
Damn double posted, my bad.
Unfortunately every game in the past year to 2 years was deved under FW 12+

So you can run a ton of games still on sxos but lose out on anything released in the last 2 years or so. Have to use atmo for those.

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately every game in the past year to 2 years was deved under FW 12+

So you can run a ton of games still on sxos but lose out on anything released in the last 2 years or so. Have to use atmo for those.
So, you quoted a 2 year old post and you didn't really read it either. I said DUAL boot. Use SX for archival purposes. Of course atmo for your daily driver.

viper3344

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haha. Didn’t realize it was that old. But yeah your way of the dual boot still yields the ability to boot over 12 TB of pre fw12 games off of usb for sure!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision the new...