Hacking Question Can you install nsp games on the latest update?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 2,609
  • Replies 10
D

Deleted User

OP
I don't currently have a switch and will be buying a used unpatched model. Is it possible to just buy one now which is on the latest update, install cfw and then install nsp files? I've read that they don't install properly on the latest update and I need to be in 6.2 is this true?

x65943

pronouns big/pingus
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't currently have a switch and will be buying a used unpatched model. Is it possible to just buy one now which is on the latest update, install cfw and then install nsp files? I've read that they don't install properly on the latest update and I need to be in 6.2 is this true?
They install just fine on atmosphere

It's SX OS that doesn't support 7.x atm

So in short, yes you can install nsps on the latest ofw using atmosphere

If you wanna use SX OS then 6.2 is the latest supported

Edit: also, any switch you buy that is unpatched will be well below 6.2 - so you could use SX OS if you wanted

Last edited by x65943,
Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

OP
Thanks for the info. Alot of incorrect information about. From what I've read SX OS is the paid cfw right? Why is that behind atmosphere?

Last edited by ,
Reactions: x65943

x65943

pronouns big/pingus
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the info. Alot of incorrect information about. From what I've read SX OS is the paid cfw right? Why is that behind atmosphere?
Because the guys working on atmosphere figured out how to get the console specific keys for 7.x, but closed sourced it. (This is my understanding and may not be correct)

D

Deleted User

OP
Wait you mentioned that any unpatched switch I buy will be below 6.2

I don't quite understand as most people will do the latest update right? Like I said I don't own a switch but I imagine you need the latest update to play online so most casual players would've done the update.

x65943

pronouns big/pingus
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait you mentioned that any unpatched switch I buy will be below 6.2

I don't quite understand as most people will do the latest update right? Like I said I don't own a switch but I imagine you need the latest update to play online so most casual players would've done the update.
Ah I see. I didn't realize you were gonna buy it used.

Yeah used it's most likely going to be on 7.x.

Yeah in that case use atmosphere. Honestly it's all I use.

SX has emunand but that's about it.

D

Deleted User

OP
I assumed you couldn't buy a brand new switch which is unpatched. It needs to be made before July 2018 to be unpatched right?

And I assumed because the switch is selling like crazy there wouldn't be any old stock left haha.

x65943

pronouns big/pingus
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by x65943,

trilogy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I assumed you couldn't buy a brand new switch which is unpatched. It needs to be made before July 2018 to be unpatched right?

And I assumed because the switch is selling like crazy there wouldn't be any old stock left haha.

You still can find them. You just have to look for the ones with the corresponding serial numbers (Unpatched). Sellers who know their value are pricing them 30%+ the normal going rate.

Reactions: x65943
D

Deleted User

OP
Update: I found a used switch for a great price (unpatched unit)
I bought an rcm jig from eBay for £1.29
I managed to install the latest atmosphere pretty easily but struggled to install nsps for hours then I decided to change from exfat to fat32 and I've managed to install some games :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UyxeZ7JYwZs&pp=ygUJVnIgaXMgZ2F5 +1