Can you get homebrew if your will is chipped already?.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by suziekettles, Jan 14, 2010.

1. suziekettles
    OP

suziekettles Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 14, 2010
    Hi,

Big hello to all members from the newbie.

A complicated thread to start me off...........

I have previously had my wii chipped and have no idea what version the chip is as a friend of a friend did it over a year ago.

My version of software on the wii is ver.3.4E

I would like to start playing my wii backup files from a new hard drive that I have just bought instead of burning iso discs.

The hard drive is 500gb and arrived formatted as NTFS.

I would prefer to keep my hardrive as a single partition so that i can store games and other media like movies to move the drive to my PS3 to play them and save pc space.

My main question is can I install programs to my wii despite having previously had the thing chipped.

If this is possible and having looked into it a bit(without really understanding it much!) I think I would need to do the following -

1. format my hardrive to fat 32.

2. install homebrew compatable(if poss) to my 3.4e version.

3. get a usb loader from somewhere to work on homebrew to allow me to access games from my hard drive

4. work out a way to convert the iso's I download to wbfs format so I dont have to partiotiom my drive and keep it fat32 with a mix of games and movies/files.

So there you go now the help......

If you think I ahve worked the requirements out correctle of need to add/delete steps could you advise please.

More importantly as I am pretty much computer illiterate(I can research but am hopeless at actually doing things) would you be able to point me in the direction of each step required.

I would love to spend some time messaging someone who could give more than a brief summary over a few days to save the board giving me a ribbing for being so thick [​IMG]

Anyway look forward to your knowlegable responses

Suzie

2. Ultralex

Ultralex GBAtemp Fan

Mar 18, 2009
    Gambia, The
    Yepp,but you need to install the cios222 first

3. suziekettles
    OP

suziekettles Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 14, 2010

I will research that Ultra but not the type of post this chick understands...... install it first before what?.

Before all the things I mentioned, after the first but before the third.

Simple instructions that cannot be mixed up please - prefer full instructions from start to finish

Thanks hun.

S.

4. Parineum

Parineum Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 17, 2006
    United States
  5. suziekettles
    OP

suziekettles Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 14, 2010
    Thankk you.

I still dont know the answer to my main question...can I do aall this to a previously chipped wii? [​IMG]

6. TwinRetro

TwinRetro Global Moderator

Global Moderator
    Aug 29, 2008
    Djibouti
    Hiatus Hell
    Absolutely. many people have a soft mod/chipped combo.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice