Hacking Can you get homebrew if your will is chipped already?.

suziekettles

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

Big hello to all members from the newbie.

A complicated thread to start me off...........

I have previously had my wii chipped and have no idea what version the chip is as a friend of a friend did it over a year ago.

My version of software on the wii is ver.3.4E

I would like to start playing my wii backup files from a new hard drive that I have just bought instead of burning iso discs.

The hard drive is 500gb and arrived formatted as NTFS.

I would prefer to keep my hardrive as a single partition so that i can store games and other media like movies to move the drive to my PS3 to play them and save pc space.

My main question is can I install programs to my wii despite having previously had the thing chipped.

If this is possible and having looked into it a bit(without really understanding it much!) I think I would need to do the following -

1. format my hardrive to fat 32.

2. install homebrew compatable(if poss) to my 3.4e version.

3. get a usb loader from somewhere to work on homebrew to allow me to access games from my hard drive

4. work out a way to convert the iso's I download to wbfs format so I dont have to partiotiom my drive and keep it fat32 with a mix of games and movies/files.

So there you go now the help......

If you think I ahve worked the requirements out correctle of need to add/delete steps could you advise please.

More importantly as I am pretty much computer illiterate(I can research but am hopeless at actually doing things) would you be able to point me in the direction of each step required.

I would love to spend some time messaging someone who could give more than a brief summary over a few days to save the board giving me a ribbing for being so thick
lecture.gif

Anyway look forward to your knowlegable responses

Suzie

suziekettles

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ultralex said:
Yepp,but you need to install the cios222 first

I will research that Ultra but not the type of post this chick understands...... install it first before what?.

Before all the things I mentioned, after the first but before the third.

Simple instructions that cannot be mixed up please - prefer full instructions from start to finish

Thanks hun.

S.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.