Homebrew Can You Copy 3ds Games to a CFW 3ds?

Shane-O

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Recently I got a N3DS XL and transferred my data from my old N3DS and got CFW for my old one, Is there any way to put the games on my CFW N3DS with the file on my PC from transferring SD card data? (I don't want to hack my new 3ds xl)

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Not sure what you are trying to accomplish here:
Is there any way to put the games on my CFW N3DS with the file on my PC from transferring SD card data?

(I don't want to hack my new 3ds xl)
It isn't possible to install software without CFW. Unsigned content will not start without. The only things that can be started without CFW would be software with universal legit ticket. Installing them requires (at least temporary) CFW access on current firmware.

If you have any further questions or problems, just ask again. Maybe I misunderstood your post.

Good luck and have fun!

Reactions: Shane-O

Shane-O

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not sure what you are trying to accomplish here:

It isn't possible to install software without CFW. Unsigned content will not start without. The only things that can be started without CFW would be software with universal legit ticket. Installing them requires (at least temporary) CFW access on current firmware.

If you have any further questions or problems, just ask again. Maybe I misunderstood your post.

Good luck and have fun!
I have the data from the sdcard with all my games on it on my computer and want to try and put the games onto my CFW 3ds (Sorry if this doesn't really make sense, I'm very lost in all this stuff)

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Recently I got a N3DS XL and transferred my data from my old N3DS and got CFW for my old one, Is there any way to put the games on my CFW N3DS with the file on my PC from transferring SD card data? (I don't want to hack my new 3ds xl)
I have the data from the sdcard with all my games on it on my computer and want to try and put the games onto my CFW 3ds (Sorry if this doesn't really make sense, I'm very lost in all this stuff)
What files you have stored? The "Nintendo 3DS" folder you mean?
Also i don't think that's possible, getting them to work after the transfer, through conventional means anyway.. since when you do a system transfer you can no longer revert it back, as your NNID, friend code & other info can't exist in 2 systems at once..
Though i think someone have attempted using a nand backup with all of those system specific info still intact, he was able to get it to work, though iirc he's forfeited his ability to use the eShop on that system, since the same account can't exist on 2 separate systems.. And it was a complicated process, with hex editing etc. so i can't help you with that..

Reactions: Shane-O

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: With other peoples couches