Can wires arc even if they are connected to each other?

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Well, you could use cable tubes to bundle the wires together or tie wraps to wrap them together.
That's what I did, I just used a tie wrap to bundle the power leads of the cables to that they won't clutter.

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, you could use cable tubes to bundle the wires together or tie wraps to wrap them together.
That's what I did, I just used a tie wrap to bundle the power leads of the cables to that they won't clutter.
Yeah I considered that. The problem is that they're coming from four different locations so have to trail somewhere anyway to get to the trunking/tubes.

Reactions: DinohScene

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Isn't there a way you can reroute everything?

I mean, I know I got it simple as I need a plug array in the spot where me bf will have his desk and his computer + 360 + telly + PS2 + laptop and a massive plug array where I got me telly + consoles.
And I'll start with an empty apartment ;p

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Isn't there a way you can reroute everything?

I mean, I know I got it simple as I need a plug array in the spot where me bf will have his desk and his computer + 360 + telly + PS2 + laptop and a massive plug array where I got me telly + consoles.
And I'll start with an empty apartment ;p
Not without running cables everywhere and using a massive splitter for all the plugs, which would lead me back to square one. I'm happy with the current solution, as long as it's safe.

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm fair enough.
I'd probably get those plugs you've linked then.
It's at least a start to a neater solution.
You know, less clutter.
I'm considering it, but the clutter is inside the drawers now :)

Here's before and after pictures of the wiring behind the unit. Sorry the lighting is so bad, but hopefully you get the idea. There's not only a load of wires, but the huge splitter with all the plugs, all the transformers for the consoles, and also the video converters and adapters (e.g. RGB SCART to HDMI, HDMI switchbox) PLUS some CCTV stuff as well.

before.jpg

Now, there's just a couple of ethernet cables, some speaker wire, one HDMI cable (coming from the right) and a single mains cable (coming from the left).

after.jpg

Inside each of the top drawers is a two-way splitter into which is plugged the power for the console above it. The best example is the N64, as this one also has the RGB->HDMI converter and the HDMI switchbox, all of which used to be stashed behind the unit :)

IMG_0070.JPG

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
That's actually looking quite neat already.
Thanks! Well, the unit pushes right back against the wall now (rather than having to be several inches away due to all the power bricks and the huge splitter. I never need to open those drawers as the games and controllers are in the bottom drawers, so I'm pretty much done :)

Now lets just hope it doesn't burn my office down.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: