Hacking can we use gateways pop up menu to install TinyFormat for A9LH

Mr Name

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
if someone was to use gateways pop up menu to install TinyFormat x2 and then sysUpdater instead of FBI would this cause a brick on the 2.1 downgrade?

the question popped into my head when i was reading the A9LH guide.

goddamit i forgot to put a question mark in the title

Last edited by Mr Name,

stl25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You mean without needing the Gateway red cart? If this is what you mean then no because you cannot boot into sysNAND or emuNAND in gateway mode without it. If you have gateway then yes. I used Gateway to install my cia manager to emuNAND then used the cia manager to install sysupdater and tinyformat.

Last edited by stl25,

Mr Name

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i should probably edit my post to explain better but just run a cia manager off the gateway red card to install TinyFormat, use TinyFormat, boot back into gateway emunand use the red card to install TinyFormat again run it, boot into emunand and use the red card to install sysUpdater downgrade to 2.1 unbrick it (i have a n3ds) then install it to sysnand

stl25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I believe this is similiar to how I did it except I used the red cart to install the cia manager on emunand rather that run it from the red cart. I did use the old version of the OTP guide (pre OTPHelper). The tiny format thing threw me for a loop because the first format re linked my nands and I lost my train of thought.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: you can't turn link into a femboy in tears of the kingdom