Hacking Can we install CFW like this?

ToothBrushHead

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Say you have a unpatched switch. You make a NAND backup. Could we patch it to include CFW and then restore our NAND backup? I'm not asking if we can do that currently but if that could be a way to softmod switches so we dont have to boot to RCM for CFW.

PHiLiPZ

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovakia
Sure, if you can sign it with proper certificate so you don’t need a custom bootloader. If you can’t sign it (you can’t) and you can’t flash custom bootloader (you can’t) it’s a no go.

ToothBrushHead

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure, if you can sign it with proper certificate so you don’t need a custom bootloader. If you can’t sign it (you can’t) and you can’t flash custom bootloader (you can’t) it’s a no go.
I heard in RCM mode you can essentially do whatever you want to the system. Doesn't that include flashing unsigned backups? Would you not be able to patch signiture patches to OFW to run homebrew or at least flash the nsp into the NAND backup? Sorry for the late reply.

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I heard in RCM mode you can essentially do whatever you want to the system. Doesn't that include flashing unsigned backups? Would you not be able to patch signiture patches to OFW to run homebrew or at least flash the nsp into the NAND backup? Sorry for the late reply.
You can flash a nand backup with unsigned stuff. But it won’t boot unless you use RCM with a custom bootloader to boot it

Reactions: ToothBrushHead

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM