Can we do a secret santa?

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I love the idea.

Last couple of years I done at work, each time I spent quite a lot of money on whoever I had gotten. BUT both years I didnt get a gift in return lol. Wasnt just me. Quite a few people didnt participate properly..

To make it work, maybe we should all contribute like $5 or $10 dollars to someone who holds on to the money(preferable @shaunj66 or @Costello )

Reactions: xXDungeon_CrawlerXx

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
this is funny, where i live they call it secret friend, and you don't do just in CHRIRMAAAAA
wait, when you do this, don't all brazilians "enrolar" or don't they do "sacanagem" to all their friends? ;O;

huu, can someone explain how secret santa works? never paid attention to it, all i know it is a gift exchange thing

how fo you guys will proceed with imports\fees and shit that may end up fucking your arse by customs?

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
wait, when you do this, don't all brazilians "enrolar" or don't they do "sacanagem" to all their friends? ;O;

huu, can someone explain how secret santa works? never paid attention to it, all i know it is a gift exchange thing
The way it typically works is, you have everyone sign up (presumably even number of entrants) and raffle them off into pairs. Sometimes to know who you're gifting, sometimes it's totally random, and all you know is the address, but the receipient isn't supposed to know who's getting them what. Then you send a little something to them, usually something heartfelt or Christmas themed. Or anything, really.

Reactions: migles

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal

how fo you guys will proceed with imports\fees and shit that may end up fucking your arse by customs?
bruh

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
uhh what the fuck are you talking about dude?
it's a joke... i have brazilian friends who are always saying those 2 words all the time
my brazilian friends always think other people are trying to screw them (and are so used to it lol, in the area they live it seems it's a pretty common thing, or it's just culture, i don't really know..)
i was making a reference\joke about it..

BlueFox gui

SOMEONE
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
it's a joke... i have brazilian friends who are always saying those 2 words all the time
my brazilian friends always think other people are trying to screw them (and are so used to it lol, in the area they live it seems it's a pretty common thing, or it's just culture, i don't really know..)
hmmmm i understand, and yeah its normal with some people, but i stopped use these kind of jokes like years ago, and i don't see so much people using

yusuo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If people are up for this I might make a sign up tonight when I get home

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The way it typically works is, you have everyone sign up (presumably even number of entrants) and raffle them off into pairs. Sometimes to know who you're gifting, sometimes it's totally random, and all you know is the address, but the receipient isn't supposed to know who's getting them what. Then you send a little something to them, usually something heartfelt or Christmas themed. Or anything, really.
Is there any chance if we do get this going it can be on front page? Just so it doesn't get eaten by the forum

Reactions: Chary

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I was thinking $10 limit, gaming related seeing as we are a gaming site

10 quid limit is fine.
However, if someone doesn't like pokemon for example and gets a pack of pokemon trading card then it would essentially be a wasted gift.
Ofcourse, gaming related but it just makes it easier to pick a gift for the person.

If it was me mum, I'd given her me groceries list.
I'm terrible at picking gifts ;p

yusuo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
10 quid limit is fine.
However, if someone doesn't like pokemon for example and gets a pack of pokemon trading card then it would essentially be a wasted gift.
Ofcourse, gaming related but it just makes it easier to pick a gift for the person.

If it was me mum, I'd given her me groceries list.
I'm terrible at picking gifts ;p

I get it, the only way to counter that I think would say you say you're in on the thread, if there is anything you're not into you write it on the thread, it is upto the person who gets you to then to check the thread and see if there is anything they should stay away from

Last edited by yusuo,

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I get it, the only way to counter that I think would say you say you're in on the thread, if there is anything you're not into you write it on the thread, it is upto the person then to check the thread and see if there is anything they should stay away from

Sounds fair.
I personally don't mind anything really, I love little statues or figurines be it pokemon or not but some might not like it.

Just trying to ensure that no disappointments will be made ;p

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Yes, I know. I can read Portuguese lul. That was my reaction to it. lul

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1