Hacking Can we add more WADS in chocolate doom?

leontas2007

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I tried to add some custom made wads for doom 2 in a random site I found, the zip contains txt bat and a wad file. I take only the wad file and paste it in data\chocolate\wads\

for some reason it doesn't recognize it

skarmachild

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also can't seem to figure this out.

There is a PSP doom engine that supports WADS, custom music files (I replace them with epic metal covers) and multiplayer. It's a little glitchy with WADS but I've been playing memento Mori multiplayer and it's great (:

The PSP Doom also can support extra options like jumps and modifiers and freelook etc.

Roamin64

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wads are usually loaded at the same time the game is loaded. It's not like once the game is loaded you can choose which wad to load. Somewhere there must be a config file or setting that allows you to add parameters before the game launches. You would add something like : "-file .\wads\custommap.wad" I don't know if it is supported or not in chocolate doom, I don't even own a switch, but that's usually how wads are loaded in any doom port.

skarmachild

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wads are usually loaded at the same time the game is loaded. It's not like once the game is loaded you can choose which wad to load. Somewhere there must be a config file or setting that allows you to add parameters before the game launches. You would add something like : "-file .\wads\custommap.wad" I don't know if it is supported or not in chocolate doom, I don't even own a switch, but that's usually how wads are loaded in any doom port.

Yes when you boot up chocolate doom you choose the base WAD then you can load other multiple PWADS and that on the tab to the right. Problem is I still can't get the custom WADS to load, and I can get them to run in many other Doom engines.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la