Hacking Can U attach a laptop screen to a wii

sasho123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is it possible to attach a laptop screen from dell inspiron 1000 to a Wii (when I say laptop screen I mean laptop screen). If so how?

D

Deleted-171178

If you get a capture card, you can run it through the laptop either fullscreen or in a window.
If you have a PC monitor you can use a Scart to VGA adaptor.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you need some way to convert the video output of the wii into the signal that the screen expects. and you need a way to power the light in the screen. so unless you know how to do that, no.

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
What would be the benefit by doing this? I mean, a laptop screen is little compared to a TV screen... or are you trying to build a portable Wii? LOL

sasho123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
G0dLiKe said:
What would be the benefit by doing this? I mean, a laptop screen is little compared to a TV screen... or are you trying to build a portable Wii? LOL
Well no I got the screen from my old broken laptop, and I got the idea. What I want is a screen for the car and a wii, but I don't want to waste a lot of money, I founded some solutions, but it's far more cheaper to buy a new screen.

Izzy

Trophies
XP
Country
I would love to see someone play Wii Sports in their car, please make a video if you do. XD
Anyone, have you thought about getting the sound and everything? That isn't built in in a laptop screen so...

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have looking into old laptops for a while now but for the most part they all use custom protocols to communicate with the screen (not that complex to reverse engineer but nothing like normal standards and even if you did reverse engineer it you then have to adapt input signals and it all gets complex). Lighting is also an issue but for the most part it is simple for anyone with basic electronics knowledge and 10 minutes to figure out what does what.

On the other hand others have already mentioned such things in passing but last time I was in my local computer shop (I can not say me or mine have been computer shopping in Bulgaria of late but I have seen the same wherever any of us have been in the world) but a lot of old VGA monitors* that ultimately run on 12V aka standard car battery voltage (either internally: you just find the internal transformer and bypass it or externally: you might have to pin out the input sock). I do not see this so much in cars seen as custom stuff exists but head into the boat world and things change.

*for me at least they were willing to let them go for hardly anything as in my case they had no working power supply and ordering a new one would not have been profitable.

sasho123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I guess the best way is to use a different screen. I'll find a few friends to help me out since I'm not really good with electronics.

stingray1059

Trophies
XP
Country
lcd852.jpg

http://www.goldenshop.com.hk/AI-trad/wii/lcd85.htm

is this the one you are looking for?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-