can the SD Management be injected into H&S ?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Dracari, Feb 7, 2017.

1. Dracari
    OP

Dracari GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 5, 2009
    United States
    i often haveto work around getting data off my O3DS's SD by using the patched CIA from That ISO site (an faulty Gotek Amiga drive adapter shorted out and blew my SD Reader) i wante dto for now get around HBL's issues by using an Emunand for my O3DS (leave sysnand to 11.2 make an 11.3 emunand) but i dont exactly feel like unboxing half of my stuff i got ready for moving soon w/ teh only computer i have w/ a working built in SD Slot (2010 Mac Mini)

if the SD Management can be broken down to it's .app and injected it'd save me some trouble vs having to dig thru 3 boxes for the Mac mini just to use it to backup my SD Data.

2. Mnecraft368

Mnecraft368 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 8, 2015
    No need for any of that :D Just download a ftp homebrew app. There is probably a cia version of one somewhere

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

https://github.com/mtheall/ftpd/releases

slaphappygamer and proflayton123 like this.
  3. Dracari
    OP

Dracari GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 5, 2009
    United States
    it provides the ability to Swap SD Cards i fi haveto for any reason that being Why i'm looking to inject it into H&S. (as i've on my O3DS left Luma's payload in CTRNAND)

4. BL4Z3D247

BL4Z3D247 GBAtemp Stoner

Oct 22, 2008
    United States
    I'm so high, I don't even know!
    Just go into System Settings and swap SD card and then close System Settings.

5. Dracari
    OP

Dracari GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 5, 2009
    United States
    i've trie dthat before it ends up rebooting still looking to see if it can be done not a "Just use ftp app lul."

6. BL4Z3D247

BL4Z3D247 GBAtemp Stoner

Oct 22, 2008
    United States
    I'm so high, I don't even know!
    OK, so if I understand your situation correctly... You need to copy your EmuNAND from one SD card to another without use of a PC?

If so, maybe this will help you?

https://github.com/d0k3/EmuNAND9

7. Dracari
    OP

Dracari GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 5, 2009
    United States
    let me make it clearer, i'm down to only using a older Mac for a SD Reader, which is packed away. and whiel there isnt much i i use full Size SDs for (just my Wii) it leaves me to use my O3DS i WAS using the FTP App idea but since 11.4 has killed off HBL for O3DS for the time being thats not a Solution. and i dont know of a way to install the CIA to Sysnand(i guess a better term would be to ctrnand at this point since now sysnand install refeers to an SD Target install)which would achive the same thing. having Luma in ctrnand (which i have) and having mSD Management on Home menu installe dto CTRNAND or injected to H&Swould be ideal as long i dont nee dto flash an image to an SD (something that cant be done, ) but something to copy off/onto the SD over teh network

(i suppose i can make my Wii do that but i've seen that the only ftp app which is built into WiiXplorer isnt that really reliable. ) but thats the goal i'm aiming for by installing somehow the O3DS Patched mSD Management to CTRNAND or injected to H&S

8. electimon

electimon Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2016
    United States
    soundhax ftpd?

9. Ricken

Ricken No way... Not now...

Jan 19, 2016
    United States
    Shibuya, The small one from Vegas
    I tried injecting it into hs.app, but no .app came out as a result
    Files used

10. electimon

electimon Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2016
    United States
    Give me that *actually you cant ask for that here* so i can use an app i got to inject hs.app upload filedropper.com plz

Last edited by BORTZ, Feb 9, 2017
  11. Dracari
    OP

Dracari GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 5, 2009
    United States
    that'd still require files on any SD that needs to be used at boot time,

i can only guess its code.bin would be containing the .app and just thought of it, if its larger than H&S even if we had the proper .app for it, it wouldnt work to inject. if thats the case question becomes how to install the mSD Management cia to ctrnand.

12. Ricken

Ricken No way... Not now...

Jan 19, 2016
    United States
    Shibuya, The small one from Vegas
    The .cia in that clip I made installs to Nand by default, if that's what you mean.. I nabbed it from an SDK kit on That Chaos Site (Which got renamed, and I'm just learning this.. lol)