Hardware Can the Nyko Recharger break Nintendo Switch?

pluis3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
can you be serious please i want to know if the reloads can brik the console or it's just the dock

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is a Nyko Recharger?
Dodgy chargers can kill any devices and a very bad USB-C cable for high wattage devices can also make some damage if they are internally made only to work as old usb 500mah cables...

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why don't you just use the original AC? Its not much more expensive than that one...

I only heard about docks bricking the console, that charger is probably just fine, however they only state 1 output of 15V 2.6A and nintendo charger is dual output.

I don't know if you can use that Nyko charger to charge the controllers 4 example because I think they use the 5V output instead.

pluis3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why don't you just use the original AC? Its not much more expensive than that one...

I only heard about docks bricking the console, that charger is probably just fine, however they only state 1 output of 15V 2.6A and nintendo charger is dual output.

I don't know if you can use that Nyko charger to charge the controllers 4 example because I think they use the 5V output instead.

ok tanks

Jackson98

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I dont know anything about the specs of the nyko charger, however it was recently stated in nintendolife, that an official Nintendo FAQ stated that specific USB A to USB C cables are safe as long as they have a 56k OHM resistor. Heres the article link

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...bles_you_can_use_to_safely_charge_your_switch

Im 99.9% certain you wont be able to brick your switch, as long as the A to C cable meets those requirements (the gauranteed ones are supplied with the charging grip, and the pro controller). As long as the cable is 56kΩ your can use an I phone charger, Powerbank, etc... to charge your switch. Im not sure what the deal is with the nyko, as the ac adaptor has a pre-attached extension cord.

Last edited by Jackson98,

SjorsMaster

Ayy
Trophies
Website
www.sjors.eu
XP
Country
Netherlands
I’d recommend you to use the official Nintendo cables if you’re afraid of a brick.
But it seems like a good usb c charger and not like a Cheap Chinese charger, so I don’t what could go wrong.

As long as it gives enough power you should be fine.

pluis3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I’d recommend you to use the official Nintendo cables if you’re afraid of a brick.
But it seems like a good usb c charger and not like a Cheap Chinese charger, so I don’t what could go wrong.

As long as it gives enough power you should be fine.

encourage bs (social need in Quebec) to be more popular at $ 0.89 per hour
I do not know your choice encourage big N or nyko

Last edited by pluis3,
Reactions: SjorsMaster

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
law Sue has been entered against them for the bricking issue. Supposedly Nintendo is seeking to also cancel them as an officially licensing supplier for 3rd party assecories (sp).

pluis3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I wouldn't trust them. Their Switch accessories have been known to brick Switches, even if no one's been bricked from just the charger yet how can you be sure it won't happen to you? It's not worth risking a $300+ device just to save a few bucks.
but the official Nintendo switch charger is so fragile that it easily breaks the opposite of the nyko charger I will not be against a charger twice the price of nintendo if it is more solid.

leerpsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but the official Nintendo switch charger is so fragile that it easily breaks the opposite of the nyko charger I will not be against a charger twice the price of nintendo if it is more solid.
why not buy a new case for your dock and just take your official switch dock apart and put the parts in it so then you will know that it will not brake your switch like the 3rd party stuff.

pluis3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
why not buy a new case for your dock and just take your official switch dock apart and put the parts in it so then you will know that it will not brake your switch like the 3rd party stuff.

I play in portable mode so I do not use the dock

leerpsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I play in portable mode so I do not use the dock
Will you can charge in the dock though. that was my thinking on it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Huh? The official charger seems sturdy to me.
The dock on the other hand...
I also think the official charger is just fine its all i use and always well. but the dock will........ lets just say that i'm happy I have my new filament coming in for my 3d printer in a few days.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Will you can charge in the dock though. that was my thinking on it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I also think the official charger is just fine its all i use and always well. but the dock will........ lets just say that i'm happy I have my new filament coming in for my 3d printer in a few days.
Those 3rd party dock shells to put your original guts in are only a few bucks on eBay. Really tempted to get one. It might not be much better quality, but at least it's much smaller and won't scratch up the screen.

leerpsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those 3rd party dock shells to put your original guts in are only a few bucks on eBay. Really tempted to get one. It might not be much better quality, but at least it's much smaller and won't scratch up the screen.
Yep that is the reason i'm 3d printing one. I was gonna buy one but I had the 3d printer and just got the new filament ordered so I was gonna save some money printing one although i'm not saving that much lol.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yep that is the reason i'm 3d printing one. I was gonna buy one but I had the 3d printer and just got the new filament ordered so I was gonna save some money printing one although i'm not saving that much lol.
If you're gonna make it yourself at least customize it a little, I don't know put some logo or aliens on top of it.

Reactions: leerpsp

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I have lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    And I havent watched Brotherhood yet
    It was watchable, not sure what my favorite Anime is hmmm
    Castlevania or Baki probably
    Robotech was good
    DBZ I liked up until Cell after that it got too weird
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My youtube comment got 2k likes achievement unlocked
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, i also watch my hero academia and rewatching dragón ball starting from the og series
    Oh also loved Vanhellsing
    And Vanhellsing abridged lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    GOOD LORD WHAT IS HAPPENING IN THERE?!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Aurora Borealis?
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I- AURORA BOREALIS? AT THIS TIME OF YEAR, AT THIS TIME OF DAY, IN THIS PART IF THE COUNTRY, LOCALIZED ENTIRELY WITHIN YOUR KITCHEN?
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    jokes aside, anyone else who saw the northern lights tonight, what did you think, i thought they were beautiful for a while, before it went to a vague pink
    maybe later they'll pick up again
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went out and tried to see, but I'm too south, and its too cloudy, bummer
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    too far south? it goes down to alabama tonight
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sorry about the clouds btw, the sky is clear here rn
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Maybe just too cloudy for me then, Idk
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its neat tho, I seen it years ago when I was visiting Canada.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this is my first aurora tbh
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i mean, multiple have happened in my lifetime, but it's always been too cloudy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IT'S LIKE THAT ALMOST EVERY FUCKING METEOR SHOWER TOO
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You need to setup a time lapse camera, be neat
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I actually use a pic of it on my pc desktop cause its cool looking
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I actually use a pic of it on my pc desktop cause its cool looking