Hacking Can the DSTwo support SDXC?

Shane Nolan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I am wondering will the Supercard DSTwo be able to support a 64GB micro sd card as ive heard that everything from 2-32Gb is Sdhc while everything above that is SDXC so is the DSTwo SDXC compatible.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
so then comes the obvious question. what can you fit on 64 gb that you can't on 8 gb?

my flash kit testing pack contains 7,719 files. it includes jpgs, pdf, dpg, roms, emulation, hacks, translations, guides, mp3s, homebrew, apps, etc, and it fits on 8 gb. so while i'm really not trying to start anything, i'd like to better understand the reasoning behind wanting such a large msd card?

-another world

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Format to FAT32, done.

The SDXC standard is backwards comaptible (hardware-wise) with SDHC. Therefore all SDHC compatible devices should (theoretically, at the very least) work with all SDXC cards. The one sticking point is that SDXC cards are shipped with the exFAT file system, a proprietary file system developed by Microsoft. Due to the closed nature of the file system, it's not possible to freely, legally implement the file system on many devices, and therefore the cards are incompatible. Formatting to FAT32 removes said limitation, because pretty much every device is compatible with FAT32. However, it does introduce a 4GB file size limit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F