Can Supercard DStwo damage dsi becuase it doesn't fit right?

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by famicon_don, Jul 1, 2011.

1. famicon_don
    OP

Newcomer famicon_don Member

United States
    I know that it is a little difficult to get the supercard dstwo into the cartridge slot of the dsi and I was wondering if this could potentially damage the dsi system by having to force the card in?

2. machomuu

Member machomuu Drops by occasionally

United States
    I'd say it's more likely that the DSi would damage the Supercard rather than the other way around.

3. impizkit

Member impizkit Lazy Lurker

Australia
    This is possible, but unlikely. I have a DSL(which is a tighter fit than DSi) and I got a launch DSTWO and both are in tiptop shape to this day. I think if you take care of it, it will take care of you.

4. Buleste

Member Buleste Old Fart

United Kingdom
    I've been using the SCDS2 with my DSi for nearly a year with no problems on either front (well O.K. I had the infernal shoulder button issue but that had nothing to do with the SCDS2).

5. The Pi

Member The Pi Lurker

United Kingdom
    He's probably right there.

My first acekard's spring broke so I used tape to hold the MicroSD in, after using new thicker tape it got stuck in my DSi, the DSi is fine but that Acekard has teeth marks on it now (pillars would have cracked the thing)

6. Decooter

Newcomer Decooter Member

United States
    I've heard of issues with people using SC2 in a 3DS and actually bending pins in the 3DS, such that it wouldn't recognize flashcarts OR actual commercial game cartridges. Now, keep in mind this is with the 3DS, not DSi but I'm inclined to think that if it's possible on the 3DS there's at least a chance it could happen on a DSi.

However if you're careful inserting and taking the SC2 out, there should never be a problem. The trick with the SC2 (because it is a bit too big to fit right) is to be 'gentle yet firm'

7. Vulpes Abnocto

Former Staff Vulpes Abnocto Drinks, Knows Things

United States
    My DSTWO is also quite tight in the slot 1 of my DS lite. Over time it has loosened up but I still have to coax it out of the slot from time to time. So far the only damage that I've noticed is that the flashcart's label (sticker) is being worn down quickly in places. No damage thus far to the handheld. I assume this should also be the case with the DSi.

EDIT: I also used an M3 Real with a similar tightness problem for two years, with no obvious effects to the handheld. And it was far tighter than the DSTWO is.

8. Schlupi

Member Schlupi Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™

United States
    Off topic: did you ever get your DS Lite back? I hope you found it. [​IMG]

On topic: I have not had ANY issues with any of my flashcarts in ANY of my DSes (Phat, Lite, DSi, XL, and 3DS) they all worked fine and caused no damage.

9. Terminator02

Member Terminator02 ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ

United States
    pretty much this for me, i've tried commercial carts again every once in a while, they work fine