Homebrew Can someone help?

Hedgehog576

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I have a 3ds (old) with cfw and it has 11.6, the problem is that i have recently bought a new sd card and when I transfered all of my files, i couldn't enter any of my homebrew apps, like fbi or free shop, i only had the normal ones and the theme was the original too. Can someone give me a copy of everything from their 3ds sd card though google drive so that I can use all of my apps again. Or could someone help me with that problem?

YTElias

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have a 3ds (old) with cfw and it has 11.6, the problem is that i have recently bought a new sd card and when I transfered all of my files, i couldn't enter any of my homebrew apps, like fbi or free shop, i only had the normal ones and the theme was the original too. Can someone give me a copy of everything from their 3ds sd card though google drive so that I can use all of my apps again. Or could someone help me with that problem?
You upgraded your sd card?
Too what from when?

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're probably using emunand, and need to copy the partition over.

I'm going to assume you only have one SD card reader on your computer, if you happen to have two, you can probably use a free partition manager to make this easier.

Download Win32 Disk Imager. We're going to make an image of your old sd card, and write it to the new sd card.

Put in your original 32 gb sd card, run Win32 Disk Imager, select your device and pick a place to save your image. Then click read.

After that is done, take out your old sd card and put in the new one. Run Win32 Disk Imager, pick your image and device, and then click Write.

After it is done, throw the new SD card in your 3DS, everything should be working. But unfortunately, it will only show up as the size of your original card.

Throw it back in your computer, run either Aomei Partition Manager or EaseUS Partition Master and you can resize your partition to the full size of the card.

Hedgehog576

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You're probably using emunand, and need to copy the partition over.

I'm going to assume you only have one SD card reader on your computer, if you happen to have two, you can probably use a free partition manager to make this easier.

Download Win32 Disk Imager. We're going to make an image of your old sd card, and write it to the new sd card.

Put in your original 32 gb sd card, run Win32 Disk Imager, select your device and pick a place to save your image. Then click read.

After that is done, take out your old sd card and put in the new one. Run Win32 Disk Imager, pick your image and device, and then click Write.

After it is done, throw the new SD card in your 3DS, everything should be working. But unfortunately, it will only show up as the size of your original card.

Throw it back in your computer, run either Aomei Partition Manager or EaseUS Partition Master and you can resize your partition to the full size of the card.
wow thanks, hope it will work, but I only have the data on the new one

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To tell if you have an emunand, you can either go into godmode9 and see what happens if you click emunand virtual, or you can go into the luma config and say if auto boot emunand is checked or not. If you're using an outdated version it will say autoboot sysnand.

Hedgehog576

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Are you saying that you wiped the old SD card? If so, you might be screwed...

If you're using emunand, a partition manager should show you a separate partition for it on your SD card.
Yes, I wiped the old sd card. Im screwed. So what now? I have the 1.16v 3ds...

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I wiped the old sd card. Im screwed. So what now? I have the 1.16v 3ds...

Well, at this point I'd probably just wipe everything and start fresh. We have no idea what entrypoint you were using, whether it was Menuhax, A9LH, or B9S, and we don't know which CFW you were on either.
I would just format the system as well as the SD card, then buy a flashcart for NTRBoot. The Ace3DS X is relatively cheap, comes pre-flashed with NTRBoot and is easy to use.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://wccftech-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/wccftech.com/amd-800-series-am5-motherboards-launch-r...