can someone help me fix my ds lite?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by placebooooo, Jan 11, 2014.

1. placebooooo
    OP

placebooooo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 9, 2013
    United States
    Philadelphia
    Hello everyone. I have had my ds lite laying round for a few weeks and I decided to try and fix it after my little brother got on my nerves.

This is the problem with the ds lite:
    At first, the screen was very faded as if it was going to turn off. Now the ds doesnt even turn on at all. Not even when its fully charged. The ds shows no signs of turning on whatsoever.

I managed to fix my nintendo wii before but i know nothing about ds systems.If someone could explain how i could fix this and how much the process would cost (what is needed, tools..etc,) that would be great and greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time everyone.

2. Luigi2012SM64DS

Luigi2012SM64DS G-old member

Banned
    Aug 27, 2011
    Canada
    Minecrapt
    Do you know when this problem started happening? What happened that caused the screens to go like this?

3. Kiaku

Kiaku GBAtemp Regular

Mar 22, 2010
    United States
    If the top or bottom screen flashes as you turn on the ds lite, then the problem is that the top screen needs to be replaced. Else if it doesn't do anything when you turn it on, then it could be a fuse problem within the DS lite motherboard. This will require small soldering skills. Google ds lite fuse repair and you'll see the process.