Hardware Can someone help me find a Gameboy Advanced accessory?

waires

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I had bought a USB GBA charger around a year ago, that my kitten recently bit up. I was wondering if you people on GBATemp recognize a description, or a crude edit of a micro USB to gba charger.

So about three years back, I used to have a micro usb input to Gameboy advanced output. It was purple, and a single piece. I made some terrible edit of an adapter to give people something to go off of, or if they've seen something like it.

i.imgur,com/3Ro11Gk.jpg

Thank you

EDIT: There was an item on Amazon for the 3DS, very similar to the one I am looking for. Here's the item in question. amazon,com/dp/B00FYGAU4G/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_uXmHAb9K655AC

EDIT 2: I found the iGo A13 charger, where the design is very similar to what I'm looking for. But, with this specific item, you need an iGo charger, as the design is interchangable charging tips.

Last edited by waires,

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Don't think I've ever seen one (especially as, with the connector gone after the original DS, a mass manufactured product in the console's heyday more likely have been miniUSB)...

If the proportions of your mockup are accurate, a much more common USB-A to ext2 cable wouldn't be much bulkier (and with a nonstandard adapter or some soldering you could actually give it a microusb input)!

Bazahazano

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I had bought a USB GBA charger around a year ago, that my kitten recently bit up. I was wondering if you people on GBATemp recognize a description, or a crude edit of a micro USB to gba charger.

So about three years back, I used to have a micro usb input to Gameboy advanced output. It was purple, and a single piece. I made some terrible edit of an adapter to give people something to go off of, or if they've seen something like it.

i.imgur,com/3Ro11Gk.jpg

Thank you

EDIT: There was an item on Amazon for the 3DS, very similar to the one I am looking for. Here's the item in question. amazon,com/dp/B00FYGAU4G/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_uXmHAb9K655AC

EDIT 2: I found the iGo A13 charger, where the design is very similar to what I'm looking for. But, with this specific item, you need an iGo charger, as the design is interchangable charging tips.

This:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...onnector-on-micro-Female-head/32814784264.htm

Newest-Mother-USB-to-micro-USB-female-connector-on-micro-Female-head.jpg

and this makes what you want?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Bla...intendo-For-GBA-Game-Advance/32790777117.html

Black-3-9ft-1-2M-USB-Charging-Power-Cable-Charger-For-Nintendo-For-Gameboy-For-GBA.jpg

You can then use any micro usb cable to charge or power your gba.

I don't personally see the point as almost any decent charger will have a standard usb port anyway.

Last edited by Bazahazano,

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Never seen one of those and try not to have long rigid items hanging out of charge ports (between gravity, accidents and the like it is not a good plan -- ever had a phone charger port have to be at odd angles to work? Usually a result of such things) but you could probably make one in a few seconds -- the SP charges fine off USB voltages so find something with a SP charge port (it and the original DS share it so you have some choices) and then into a female USB micro socket (or in my case I could probably buy a micro extension and slice it in two).

Equally depending upon what your kitten did you can probably just replace the cable section -- it is likely only two wires doing anything rather than a complex mess of them.

Alternatively there are mods people have done to replace the GBA charge port with a micro USB.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
In the US, gamestop sold that with an AC kit. The UK equivalent was Electronic Boutique. They stopped carrying GBA accessories for a while now.

The amazon UK site has them listed.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=gba+usb+charging+cable

It looks like a few of them will ship from china, no real need to use aliexpress atm.

---

The amazon US site has them as well.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=gba+usb+charging+cable

Last edited by how_do_i_do_that,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    anybody here?
  • P @ PKNate:
    nope
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: 7 years by lukas graham, supermassive black hole by muse, and megalomania all have the same bpm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol stremio hogging all of my tvs on board ram
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just download more Ram to it, or setup Raid666 on it.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Morning
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Morning