Can someone explain whats so special about linux?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 7,001
  • Replies 81

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hm, got Gentoo/Slackware with the test.

Maybe'll try to put Gentoo again on my lil' crappy Flybook (too bad the network driver sucked and downloaded at 10kb/s max)
tongue.gif

durpy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i've always been curious about linux but never bothered to actually try it...well maybe a couple of times in the past.

1st attempt; several several years ago locked myself out of mandrake because i forgot the password i set
2nd attempt; backtrack 3. it wasn't much use to me since my wireless adapter wasn't supported.
3rd attempt; ubuntu netbook remix. got annoyed when i couldn't figure out how to play video files or listen to my mp3s. gave up.
4nd attempt; fendora. i liked it. i used it for a few days until i thought "why am i using this? windows does everything i want." i don't have to dig through thousands of possibility outdated generic linux search results from google to find out how to do something.

i would still like to familiarize myself with linux (particularly how to; search, download, and install packages. also mount/unmount partitions/external hard drives)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHNH5pnioQk