Hacking Can someone explain to me how to jailbreak my PS3?

Zero72463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome I don't need PS2 I already have a PS2 Slim with all the games I want on an external for it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ok as for multiman I downloaded multiMAN_04.81.02_BASE_(20170108).pkg.129.v04.81.02_brewology_com.pkg. Do I just put it like that on the usb drive?

Yes

Reactions: EmulateLife

EmulateLife

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One more question how do you apply game updates? From this compatibility list I'm reading it sounds like certain games need to have certain updates before they'll work.

Zero72463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One more question how do you apply game updates? From this compatibility list I'm reading it sounds like certain games need to have certain updates before they'll work.

You can install them normally. Once they are a disc icon hit triangle then hit check for update and it will give the game proper update data. You won't get banned or anything.

baileyscream

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes it does
I have it on mine
Webman and sman load it fine and it plays
Cobra code allows all PS3 games to load via external and disc less
I have all my games as iso's on external ntfs drive
Not had a problem with any game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TherealDarknes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes it does
I have it on mine
Webman and sman load it fine and it plays
Cobra code allows all PS3 games to load via external and disc less
I have all my games as iso's on external ntfs drive
Not had a problem with any game

What about ps2 or ps1 games

Also what the hell is Cobra

Last edited by TherealDarknes,

baileyscream

Trophies
XP
Country
What about ps2 or ps1 games

Also what the hell is Cobra

I already said ps2 can only be played from internal all others can be loaded from external
Cobra is only the biggest leap in cfw's over the last 3 years
Habib is the main dev improving it after the cobra team made the cobra code dongle free and open source when the main dev put it in rogero's cfw
Mysis recently helped habib fix the ps2 controller sync issue
And deank already had multiMAN working with cobra as cobraMAN and then released webman to work even better
And now sMAN (superMAN) is even better
No need for any discs in the drive as cobra allows all games to run discless
Convert all games as ISO and they have higher playability (not glitchy or slow loading)
Allows ps1 ps2 PS3 psp games to play on all Ps3's (main reason for cobra code)
Use
Habib cobra 4.81
Ferrox cobra 4.81
Rebug Rex (or d-Rex)cobra 4.81.1 (turn on cobra in rebug toolbox)

Oh and you can transfer most of your psn games to external to save space on internal hdd
Not done that myself as I have a 500gb internal so it's enough for my ps2 and psn games

Last edited by baileyscream,

TherealDarknes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already said ps2 can only be played from internal all others can. E on external
Cobra is only the biggest leap in cfw's over the last 3 years
Habib is the main dev improving it after the cobra team made the cobra code dongle free and open source when the main dev put it in rogero's cfw
Mysis recently helped habib fix the ps2 controller sync issue
And deank already had multiMAN working with cobra as cobraMAN and then released webman to work even better
And now sMAN (superMAN) is even better
No need for any discs in the drive as cobra allows all games to run discless
Convert all games as ISO and they have higher playability (not glitchy or slow loading)
Allows ps1 ps2 PS3 psp games to play on all Ps3's (main reason for cobra code)
Use
Habib cobra 4.81
Ferrox cobra 4.81
Rebug Rex (or d-Rex)cobra 4.81.1 (turn on cobra in rebug toolbox)

feels a bit like an adverisement the way you type but thanks
also that really sucks that ps2 games still have to be internal
oh and what about ps1 games such as lsd dream emulator or pepsi man where at least with the versions i have found have a .bin.emc so the ps3 says they cant be loaded as they lack a .bin file?

baileyscream

Trophies
XP
Country
Unfortunately it's sonys built in ps2 emulator that cobra turns on (Sony never did turn it on officially) and it lacks code to point to an external source.
I do not know if webman or sman can load .bin.emc as I have only a small select ps1 game list
If you update your cfw you could try it and see. If not then see if removing the .emc extension lets the game work
Failing that let multiman convert the game to ISO and see if that works
Then let deank know on his release thread on psx-place. He will work with you to get it to work.

TherealDarknes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately it's sonys built in ps2 emulator that cobra turns on (Sony never did turn it on officially) and it lacks code to point to an external source.
I do not know if webman or sman can load .bin.emc as I have only a small select ps1 game list
If you update your cfw you could try it and see. If not then see if removing the .emc extension lets the game work
Failing that let multiman convert the game to ISO and see if that works
Then let deank know on his release thread on psx-place. He will work with you to get it to work.

removing the .emc crashed the ps3 so thats a no go as for converting it to an iso i couldn't figure out where to find that

oh and even scrolling over it in the games menu in multiman with the .emc gone crashes it you don't even have to select it it just crashes going over it

EmulateLife

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I was asking all those questions prematurely as I was waiting for my 3.55 PS3 to arrive in the mail. It did today, and it's simple and I'm ripping my first game to HDD. My question now is how to I convert saves from my other PS3 Slim that was unhackable to this modded PS3? Do I need to connect to PSN and get my PSN ID or would that get me in trouble? Is connecting to the internet ok or do I need to do something first?

Really appreciate all the help.

Last edited by ,

EmulateLife

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually I guess I don't have it down like I thought. I ripped Demon's Souls disc to internal HDD. I go to multiman and choose Demon's Souls. Then it goes back to XBM I choose app/home/PS3_Game but it says "An error occured during the start operation (80028F14)"

According to the compatibility list Demon's Souls doesn't show any special requirements to start.

Zero72463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually I guess I don't have it down like I thought. I ripped Demon's Souls disc to internal HDD. I go to multiman and choose Demon's Souls. Then it goes back to XBM I choose app/home/PS3_Game but it says "An error occured during the start operation (80028F14)"

According to the compatibility list Demon's Souls doesn't show any special requirements to start.

If Demon Souls appears as a disc icon on xmb click that, not app home.

EmulateLife

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That makes sense I had the Demon's Souls disc in so I thought that was the disc. Works.

Just need to know how to copy over saves and I think I'm all set. I mean I have them on a usb flash drive but how do I get my PSN name from my other PS3 on to the modded one? Or do I not need my PSN id?

I tried to go to backup utility and choose the flash drive that has my saves but it says "there is no backup data".

Last edited by ,

TherealDarknes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I was asking all those questions prematurely as I was waiting for my 3.55 PS3 to arrive in the mail. It did today, and it's simple and I'm ripping my first game to HDD. My question now is how to I convert saves from my other PS3 Slim that was unhackable to this modded PS3? Do I need to connect to PSN and get my PSN ID or would that get me in trouble? Is connecting to the internet ok or do I need to do something first?

Really appreciate all the help.
use psn patch before going onto any psn thats about all i can tell you im new to ps3s to

Lightlord666

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If Demon Souls appears as a disc icon on xmb click that, not app home.
Sorry if i'm off topic, but i just read a lot of Threats because of PS§ Hacking, and i did not found out how to message you. I would really like to ask you a pit (Or Skype/Discort/Mail whatever) if you could tell me what you exactly know about it. That would be just awesome and i would really looking forward to recive in this Forum a Message from you.

As mentioned before, sorry for off topic, but let a Noob post 4 Help. ^^

Zero72463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if i'm off topic, but i just read a lot of Threats because of PS§ Hacking, and i did not found out how to message you. I would really like to ask you a pit (Or Skype/Discort/Mail whatever) if you could tell me what you exactly know about it. That would be just awesome and i would really looking forward to recive in this Forum a Message from you.

As mentioned before, sorry for off topic, but let a Noob post 4 Help. ^^

That is a pretty vague question. Click on my name then click "Send PM" to message me.

Last edited by Zero72463,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-