Hacking Can someone confirm I have this right

RobTurbo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
First post! I've been reading through the forums for nearly a week, gathering everything I think I need, I just need confirmation that what I intend to do is correct, there seems to be LOADS of different ways of doing things!

So, I have checked it's not an LU64+, so far so good.

I've got my SD card, formatted to FAT16, with bannerbomb on it to boot hackmii, (amongst other things, but I'll get to that in a minute)

Go to Data Management>Channels>SD Card, click yes

Install HBC

Install BootMii to boot2 if possible

Reboot and backup NAND

Now, this is where I get lost! Do I run Trucha Bug Restorer, choose IOS36>Downgrade IOS15,
then run Trucha Bug Restorer again and choose IOS15>IOS36 menu>set IOS to slot 36 and say yes to all 3 options, then click Install patched IOS36, then restore IOS15?

Install cIOS36_rev14

Install preloader (optional)

Now I'm ready to use a Backup Launcher?

I have a bootloader wad but when I go into WAD Manager, which IOS version do I use?

Thanks,
Rob

RobTurbo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
TRushInfo said:
way to retype the tutorial that works

Like I said, I've read loads of tutorials, most of them saying to do different things, I just wanted to make sure this was the right way to do it and hadn't missed anything/added something that will cause a brick.

Thanks for the replies, I'm off to do some more research on installing a backup launcher channel now!!

Golfman560

TheRapist.com
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
For the two questions at the bottom of the post:

#1 Yes, you should choose one you like, Neogamma is pretty much standard for using Discs or USB, but USBLoaderGX is also good if you're going to use USB.

#2 What's the filename of this bootloader.wad?

tanis698

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RobTurbo said:
TRushInfo said:
way to retype the tutorial that works

Like I said, I've read loads of tutorials, most of them saying to do different things, I just wanted to make sure this was the right way to do it and hadn't missed anything/added something that will cause a brick.

Thanks for the replies, I'm off to do some more research on installing a backup launcher channel now!!
neogamma is one of the best backup launchers out.it gets updated alot to i think it is up to version7

PettingZoo

yesss
Trophies
Website
iancoulton.com
XP
Country
I was about to post a topic about the same subject
ohmy.gif
, thanks OP.

RobTurbo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The bootloader is called BackupLauncher_03g_Wiiish_v3_EN.wad

Do I load wad manager then just accept the IOS that's already selected? (IOS249) then select the .wad file for the backup launcher to install it?

Thanks,
Rob

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: