Hacking Can somebody confirm all I need is Wiiclip v4 + D2C? (picture of my d

sofakng

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking to get a solderless modchip for my Wii and here is a picture of my drive chip plus the area above it:
2779804672_1d75f231b9.jpg

It looks to be a D2C v1 (it doesn't have the v2 clip like shown on wiidrives.com) and does NOT appear to have IC pins cut, but it does seem to be missing the "3rd solder pad" as shown on wiidrives.com.

What kind of modchip do I need? I want something completely solderless so I THINK I want a Wiiclip v4 + D2CPRO presoldered.

Does that sound right?

If so, where is a good place to order it from? (east coast with fast shipping if possible?)

Thanks for ANY help!

SenorClean

Trophies
XP
Country
There's no second line of text.... so it's possible that it's D2C2. How old is the wii? Bought after March this year?

Either way - the best option is D2Pro + Clip.. and just make sure you get one of the later versions which supports D2C2.

D2CKey is a bit of a risk - if you have a D2C2, it won't work.

Wasabi V2 is a nice chip - but wii-clip is not totally solderless on it (I don't see any reason why it couldn't be... but the clip wasn't built that way).

PS. No D2C drives have their legs cut - nor do they have the third solder pad. These are to do with the back door that was closed after D2B.

sofakng

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the help!

It sounds like the D2PRO + Clip is what I want... However, is the D2CKey + Clip any better? I definitely don't want the Wasabi if it's not compatible with the clip.

Also, here is a picture of the other side of my drive which according to wiidrives.com means it's a v1 because it doesn't have the additional clip?
2779923988_6b6c786f26_m.jpg

Also, any suggestions on where to order the D2PRO + Clip presoldered? (east coast?)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Manual charging