Hacking Can not find moonshl folder?

kiwiboyus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been reading everything I can find about setting up my EZ-Flash V but at this point I'm just confused so I'm asking for help.
I've had my EZ-Flash V 3 in 1 for about 6 months or so and I actually had it working until I upgraded it to 1.68 which was tyhe first time I have upgraded it.

I followed the directions and it seems to have worked correctly but I have messed up the files on my microSD card and cannot get anything loaded. Currently on my SD card I have the ez5sys.bin file from the 1.68.zip that I upgraded from and the shell folder with what I thought was everything else I needed
huh.gif
The message I keep getting is "can not locate moonshl folder", so I guess I am missing moonshell right, except I don't remember loading moonshell on it separately before... Last night I downloaded Moonshell and ran some setup on my PC which copied the moonshell files on to my SD card and that seemed to work but I had all these extra files on there also... and now I'm just all confused.
wacko.gif

I'm normally good at following guides but I can't seem to find one that clearly just says, copy this file, this file and this to your SD card, then copy over your roms and power up.

What am i missing? I promise I'll write it down and won't be back asking the same thing after the next upgrade
biggrin.gif

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@kiwiboyus : In order to work properly last kernels are provided with the folder /moonshl and the ez5sys.bin.
contenumicrosd18xxl1.jpg

BTW, if you have an ez5 v1 (white sticker) you must flash the file ez5upldr.bin that came with kernel 1.68 before go further in updating.
Also you might read ezflash wiki

@DatVietDude : kernels are only for the ez5 slot1 flashcart. This kernel is not compatible with your R4.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I do have webos