Can not find moonshl folder?

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by kiwiboyus, Jan 26, 2008.

Jan 26, 2008

Can not find moonshl folder? by kiwiboyus at 12:15 AM (2,772 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. kiwiboyus
    OP

Newcomer kiwiboyus Newbie

United States
    I've been reading everything I can find about setting up my EZ-Flash V but at this point I'm just confused so I'm asking for help.
    I've had my EZ-Flash V 3 in 1 for about 6 months or so and I actually had it working until I upgraded it to 1.68 which was tyhe first time I have upgraded it.

I followed the directions and it seems to have worked correctly but I have messed up the files on my microSD card and cannot get anything loaded. Currently on my SD card I have the ez5sys.bin file from the 1.68.zip that I upgraded from and the shell folder with what I thought was everything else I needed [​IMG] The message I keep getting is "can not locate moonshl folder", so I guess I am missing moonshell right, except I don't remember loading moonshell on it separately before... Last night I downloaded Moonshell and ran some setup on my PC which copied the moonshell files on to my SD card and that seemed to work but I had all these extra files on there also... and now I'm just all confused. [​IMG]

I'm normally good at following guides but I can't seem to find one that clearly just says, copy this file, this file and this to your SD card, then copy over your roms and power up.

What am i missing? I promise I'll write it down and won't be back asking the same thing after the next upgrade [​IMG]

2. DatVietDude

Newcomer DatVietDude Advanced Member

United States
    same thing to me except I have an R4

3. Mbmax

Member Mbmax Homebrew addicted

Antarctica
    @kiwiboyus : In order to work properly last kernels are provided with the folder /moonshl and the ez5sys.bin.
    [​IMG]

BTW, if you have an ez5 v1 (white sticker) you must flash the file ez5upldr.bin that came with kernel 1.68 before go further in updating.
    Also you might read ezflash wiki

@DatVietDude : kernels are only for the ez5 slot1 flashcart. This kernel is not compatible with your R4.