• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Can non-whites have white privilege?

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GBATemp in terms of politics leans to the left so how do I reply without upsetting anyone? Yes, some do.

News like this aren't too well known because the media isn't neutral (neither left or right), equal, fair, and honest in reporting news as it is:

CNN has lost their credibility because anything they disagree with is considered "far-right" and "white supremacy" which is just nonsense. Other MSM are going the same route.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
there is no white privilege
I live in Scotland, I was about ten years old the first time I saw a black person. When I was at school and up until I joined the Army - that was the only black face I ever saw. Did me or any other of the white people in my school feel privilidged? No we went to a school where a vast amount of kids were miners children, the miners were on strike in th 80's and never got anything from the government and many kids went hungry, when we were at school we were belted daily and 90% of the kids were on free school diners. The only people that had any sort of privilidge were those with mums and dads that were working in a well paid job.

Cash is king, no matter your skin colour. For me and the rest of my peers there was no such a thing as white privilege - this is just a new made up term from USA for the wealthy and the middle classes to carry out some self flagellation. Ask those people to give up their lifestyles and money and put them into the same circumstances as the poor and you will see the end of the self flagellation in about a nanosecond. These people are the same ones that whine about global warming, but they won't give up their cars, travel, electricty or any other modern convenience. For the blacks going on about it - they just want some free shit and generally have a chip on their shoulders about life in general and like to blame white people for all the woes in their life, instead of getting off their arses and helping themselves by getting a decent job. The rest of the people just get on with life - look at the idiots around them and sigh to themselves.

• Haha
Reactions: The Catboy

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People were asked on streets what's White Privilege, but no one ever answered.

Where's my billion dollars for muh privilege hu hu hu

WalterSlovotsky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NO ONE has "white privilege". It is literally just a cudgel crafted by leftist liberals to bash anyone who believes in a merit-based society.

I have yet to meet a single person who has ever been able to argue that being born white automatically grants you anything at all in 2023, except for the fact that you will be openly hated and insulted for the sin of being born without as much melanin as others.

It is 100% okay to attack any white person for ANY reason, and justify it by hiding behind the imaginary shield of "YOU HAZ PRIBLIDGE!"

Please. White privilege does not exist for ANYONE.

Reactions: SylverReZ

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Oh now that is good news