Hacking Can Nintendo patch Sky3DS/QQ3DS/whatever

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
But, GW complete lack of communication further confounds things. This was not helped by releasing that 'ULTRA!'
product...which most will agree at this juncture was far from "quality".

1)It's a beta, the final version "remains to be seen".
2)Juncture ?I think you're confusing this with "Breakthrough", considering that this is still beta, until recently no one even believed downgrading a console was possible.
3)Lack of communication skills ?What do you expect them to say if they're not sure when the work will be done ?Uhm sorry guys we're still working, hopefully will be released soon ?Which is what they've been saying for the past 2 months.
On the other hand, what about Sky3DS, has there been any communication at all ?Except for the constant lies and trash-talk towards Gateway ?They didn't even "blink" when releasing a new card..."Oh hey, you spent 100$ on our first card, guess what you'll have to buy another 1 for 100$ too, and you might have to buy a 3rd one too...not even sure".

And, GW of yesterday does not equal GW of today

BS, if you're buying an Apple product, do you expect quality or do you feel like "oh well, Apple of yesterday does not equal Apple of today" ?
You can already downgrade consoles thanks to Gateway, they win.

When you need to connect to the internet everytime you want to play a game.

Even if you're using a browser exploit, you don't have to use Internet to use the exploit, wake up.
There is an android application you can use to run the exploit offline, and even if you're against that, you can downgrade your console to 4.x to install a one time exploit.

I have a GW too. I bought the thing listening to the hypetrain engineers on this site. It is still sitting in the box, unused.

To be honest, you should have said from the beginning that you're a N3DS user, I probably wouldn't have bothered replying to you, but it's a shame I already typed that much, you're mad that the update for N3DS is still not out, so was I before the Ultra release, but you'll calm down once the update is ready.

Reactions: guitarheroknight

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
And, GW of yesterday does not equal GW of today when you need to connect to the internet everytime you want to play a game. So good luck with that.
It's very easy to downgrade your sysNAND to 4.2 if you're on 9.2 or less. And then you just need to use emuNAND to get to 9.4. That way you never have to use the internet to get to Gateway mode AND you can be fully updated on emuNAND to play games online and install .cia games and homebrew, etc.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I'm confused. I thought Gateway was already blocked and Sky3DS wasn't. Doesn't that make your statement incorrect at present, not even considering the future??
its all sortof confusing, but basically gateway starts off blocked on latest FW, and maintains future compatibility via emunand compatibility......so more a zombie, blocked, but still presses on long after its blocked in terms of future compatibility, i mean 4.x consoles are still able to use games/features to this day

IF sky3ds was blocked it doesn't have the zombie ability to back it up......still not certain, but its highly unlikely it even has a reviving feature in terms of being able to update the on cart FPGA, if the new cart release rather than just updating the red button card is anything to go by, it wont even be able to revive itself with an update like the old NDS flashcards

XXLANCEXX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its all sortof confusing, but basically gateway starts off blocked on latest FW, and maintains future compatibility via emunand compatibility......so more a zombie, blocked, but still presses on long after its blocked in terms of future compatibility, i mean 4.x consoles are still able to use games/features to this day

IF sky3ds was blocked it doesn't have the zombie ability to back it up......still not certain, but its highly unlikely it even has a reviving feature in terms of being able to update the on cart FPGA, if the new cart release rather than just updating the red button card is anything to go by, it wont even be able to revive itself with an update like the old NDS flashcards
thats what i was thinking

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
But in the second post Rodrigo said

I've heard it still works partially. (NNID/FC still transfers over) if you make sure wifi is off when it reboots and cancel, then go back into emunand.

But I would assume this could be avoided by making sure the target system's emunand has been unlinked from sysnand?

Then when it reboots sysnand wouldn't know about the system transfer. Just boot back into emunand and it would continue as if it was a reboot? How long does the source system wait for the other console to reboot?

I do know I will have to attempt this myself pretty soon as I will be getting an 3DS XL to replace my original 3DS. I haven't really bought any eshop stuff. The only things I've bought on the console are a couple themes and a Pokebank subscription. Both of which I should be able to redownload after the partial system transfer.

There's also the Pokemon ORAS demo I had downloaded. But pretty much finished that and got all the bonus items. I wouldn't mind losing that. :P

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
1)It's a beta, the final version "remains to be seen".
2)Juncture ?I think you're confusing this with "Breakthrough", considering that this is still beta, until recently no one even believed downgrading a console was possible.
3)Lack of communication skills ?What do you expect them to say if they're not sure when the work will be done ?Uhm sorry guys we're still working, hopefully will be released soon ?Which is what they've been saying for the past 2 months.
On the other hand, what about Sky3DS, has there been any communication at all ?Except for the constant lies and trash-talk towards Gateway ?They didn't even "blink" when releasing a new card..."Oh hey, you spent 100$ on our first card, guess what you'll have to buy another 1 for 100$ too, and you might have to buy a 3rd one too...not even sure".

BS, if you're buying an Apple product, do you expect quality or do you feel like "oh well, Apple of yesterday does not equal Apple of today" ?
You can already downgrade consoles thanks to Gateway, they win.

Even if you're using a browser exploit, you don't have to use Internet to use the exploit, wake up.
There is an android application you can use to run the exploit offline, and even if you're against that, you can downgrade your console to 4.x to install a one time exploit.

To be honest, you should have said from the beginning that you're a N3DS user, I probably wouldn't have bothered replying to you, but it's a shame I already typed that much, you're mad that the update for N3DS is still not out, so was I before the Ultra release, but you'll calm down once the update is ready.

@Multiboy2k

I can finally understand the butthurt... Baby bought a GW and cant use it with his shiny new console... Cry me a river, there are dozens of people who bought the console and you dont see them whining and trolling on the internet. I wonder what are you gonna do with that other card when GW releases its update... Kind of a hypocrite arent we now? :rolleyes:

All in all the only thing I have left to say to you is:......

been_served.png
http://gbatemp.net/members/multiboy2k.357767/

Reactions: Ra1d

StarPlatinum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I guess no one here knows how the SKY3DS works technically so unless some pro come here with tech information there is no real answer to the question.
However if you don't know how someting work as a rational being you usually opt for what worked in the past.
Whoever bought a gateway for a compatible system in the past years was always been able to update the firmware to the latest version thanks to Emunand and so able to play most recent games, online, eshop and everything else. This despite Nintendo effort to block it.
So seems pretty reasonable to me to buy one today if you have a compatible system.
SKY3DS may be able to get updated and avoid any Nintendo protection, maybe easily than GW do, but we don't know. And since we don't know its not rational to choose that option when a tested one is avaible. Obviously you have an option if you arent on a N3DS or a >9.2fw.
That said I really hope SKY3DS will never be blocked so that we can have more competion and more choice as buyers.

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess no one here knows how the SKY3DS works technically so unless some pro come here with tech information there is no real answer to the question.
However if you don't know how someting work as a rational being you usually opt for what worked in the past.
Whoever bought a gateway for a compatible system in the past years was always been able to update the firmware to the latest version thanks to Emunand and so able to play most recent games, online, eshop and everything else. This despite Nintendo effort to block it.
So seems pretty reasonable to me to buy one today if you have a compatible system.
SKY3DS may be able to get updated and avoid any Nintendo protection, maybe easily than GW do, but we don't know. And since we don't know its not rational to choose that option when a tested one is avaible. Obviously you have an option if you arent on a N3DS or a >9.2fw.
That said I really hope SKY3DS will never be blocked so that we can have more competion and more choice as buyers.

Sky3ds, the current card, can be updated to protect it from future blacklist? I'm quoting this.

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

They released a new card within a month to remove the 10 game limit when they saw that the community isnt stupid and managed to make a working tool to remove the 10 game limit.
The only way SkY3DS is getting "updated" if they miraculously manage to bypass Nintendos flags when they get blocked is for them to release a new colored button card and for you to spend another $100.

D

Deleted User

Sky3ds can't update his firmware because Nintendo can't block sky3ds
Sky3ds act like a real card and use retail .3ds
Ds linker are be blocked because act like real card but with the header and then load a moonshell (a modified code)

StarPlatinum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
They released a new card within a month to remove the 10 game limit when they saw that the community isnt stupid and managed to make a working tool to remove the 10 game limit.
The only way SkY3DS is getting "updated" if they miraculously manage to bypass Nintendos flags when they get blocked is for them to release a new colored button card and for you to spend another $100.

Maybe they wont be as douchy in the future?

Sky3ds can't update his firmware because Nintendo can't block sky3ds
Sky3ds act like a real card and use retail .3ds
Ds linker are be blocked because act like real card but with the header and then load a moonshell (a modified code)

Any tech information to support this notion? This theory its been around a lot but I've never seen a good explanation about it.

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thank you for pointing that out.

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe they wont be as douchy in the future?

Any tech information to support this notion? This theory its been around a lot but I've never seen a good explanation about it.

Nobody really knows if its possible to update these cards or not, we'll just have to wait until its block and thats when people will really start to judge sky3ds.

jon2491

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, if Nintendo blocks Sky3DS their users should stay on 9.4, and if a game asks for FW update RegionThree may do the job. So the only thing Sky3DS users lose is game updates (There aren't many right now, Pokémon, Tomodachi, Smash, MK7)/eshop.

smasbros

Trophies
XP
Country
As the built-in chips disguised as genuine card, theoretically, the rate of blocked by next update is very low. Nintendo maybe hard to tell hardware in this, in other words, they won't block themself , right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte