Hacking Can my Switch get banned for using the account of a banned switch?

nachuz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Hi, I want to know if it's safe to use the account from my banned switch on my new switch that I bought 1 year ago for online
Has someone done this? Is there any ban case? Is a ban case even likely after 1 year of not being updates on nintendo bans?

Reactions: landysmods

theimortal1974

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ended up linking it anyways, nothing happened
It's safe
they say bans come in waves so just because you aren't banned doesn't mean you won't be.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Do not put the old account on you will get banned unless you removed all info from the banned switch before cfw.
#$%^ i'm glad i didn't link my new switch i wanted to hack onto my old switches account.

nachuz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
they say bans come in waves so just because you aren't banned doesn't mean you won't be.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

#$%^ i'm glad i didn't link my new switch i wanted to hack onto my old switches account.
I saw people that had their account linked for more than a year
There's definitely not ban waves, and banning for that would be a bit dumb, you didn't broke TOS in your new system

theimortal1974

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for now they treat it like that. but if the new switches are hacked and pirating becomes rampant, like i said in another post, you can guarantee nintendo will start banning accounts not just systems like sony does.

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
In theory there is a very minimal risk, Nintendo can only really ban a console if they can prove it has been modified, no mod no ban.

Accounts are likely to see bans for say going online with hacked save data or other activities that can be proven to be linked to an account. Even then the account wouldn't be able to be linked to another Switch, it would be essentially dead.

A lot of scaremongering goes on about Switch bans, mainly stemming from early days of cdn abuse and hack job sloppy cfw and homebrew, such varied and widespread use has made it practically impossible to nail down exactly what Nintendo collect and can see that lead to bans.

The best way to think about it is if you are not sure if something could result in a ban, you should probably expect to be banned. That way it's a pleasant surprise when you don't ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: See ya see ya later later