Homebrew Can I use the extra processing power of DSTwo on emulation?

VMM

Hamon > Stand
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If using a emulator on DSTwo, can I take advantage of the extra processing power to run games faster and smoother?
I was wondering if emulators like nesDS and jEnesis could have any benefit on a DSTwo.

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not unless the emulator is programmed to take advantage of the supercards extra specs no. the Supercard team did give away dev kits to people who where interested in developing but all I really been come out of it was a mame emu, probably a lot more knowing it

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
DS homebrew uses the DS hardware specifically. DSTWO homebrew use the DSTWO specifically. If you're talking about using both at the same time, unfortunately, you can't. The only interaction involves copying rendered images/video+audio form the DSTWO to the DS, and sending input the other way. they would have to design a new interaction API to allow both at the same time.

In light of that, I had wondered if they could specifically have the SNES emulator use both. The game itself running on the DSTWO, while the SPC core for the audio runs on the DS (since it is self-contained and doesn't require anything but input).

Reactions: 1 person

avenir

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In light of that, I had wondered if they could specifically have the SNES emulator use both. The game itself running on the DSTWO, while the SPC core for the audio runs on the DS (since it is self-contained and doesn't require anything but input).
I think it can be a good idea, but that requires modifying ds2_firmware.dat, sadly...

Reactions: 1 person

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
DS homebrew uses the DS hardware specifically. DSTWO homebrew use the DSTWO specifically. If you're talking about using both at the same time, unfortunately, you can't. The only interaction involves copying rendered images/video+audio form the DSTWO to the DS, and sending input the other way. they would have to design a new interaction API to allow both at the same time.

Actually Pate did that as the Adlib emulation in DS2x86 runs on the DS while the rest of it runs on the DSTwo. You would have to use his specially modified SDK though which does not include ANY built in sound support though.

Reactions: 2 people

VMM

Hamon > Stand
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I think it can be a good idea, but that requires modifying ds2_firmware.dat, sadly...

But what's the problem with that,
is that that much troublesome?
Could GBA emulator take advantage of that?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-