Hacking Can I use a flashcart to dump DS games without using internet??

• Thread starter MicmasH_Wii
  • Start date
  • Views 1,025
  • Replies 2
M

MicmasH_Wii

(x)\_-_-_-_//\./::| Hello there! |::\./\\_-_-_-_/(x)

I am the proud owner of two hands, a keyboard, and an original DS NTR-001.
I'm wondering if it's possible to not only buy a DS flashcart in 2019, but if I can actually dump my games directly to it without using internet to do so. I've heard all over the net that this is what you have to do.
I'm assuming I could do it with both a Slot 1 and Slot 2 but if it's going to be too expensive I'll just get a 3ds. However, if it's cheaper to do so I would rather use flashcarts. What do you think? Thanks for suggestions.

x///////////////////////////////////////////////////x

Solution
With a DS/Lite the only practical ways are via FTP (which uses the local network, not a remote server) or a slot-2 memory expansion and card swapping, neither is particularly convenient compared to using a modded 2/3DS/i and copying directly to the console's SD (or even using a DS-to-PC USB reader, though you then get to have fun with questionable quality products and proprietary drivers)

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
With a DS/Lite the only practical ways are via FTP (which uses the local network, not a remote server) or a slot-2 memory expansion and card swapping, neither is particularly convenient compared to using a modded 2/3DS/i and copying directly to the console's SD (or even using a DS-to-PC USB reader, though you then get to have fun with questionable quality products and proprietary drivers)

Solution

KyleHyde

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
It seems like it's less of a hassle (and pretty straightforward) to dump them via GodMode9 on a 3DS than it would be on a DS, since you'd need to go with either the WiFi or Slot 2 flashcart route. I suppose it all comes down to how many games you're going to dump and whether you might find a 3DS to be a worthwhile investment or not (ie. playing NDS roms directly on it via TWiLightMenu++ instead of a flashcart, homebrew, 3DS fan translated games, etc.). Older systems tend to go for cheap, so you probably won't have much trouble finding a 3DS that fits your budget.

Other than that, here's a list of the various dumping methods available.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1