Can I use a CD to burn a VCD or SVCD or CVD file?

R-Unit 4

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My convertor converts most formats but the thing is, I am giving this movie to my friend and I don't wanna use a DVD so I was wondering if it is possible to burn a VCD, SVCD or CVD on to a CD.

Oh and would the quality from an avi file to an VCD, SVCD or CVD drop:
a.Would not drop.
b.Drop a bit.
c. Optimal.
d. Barely Optimal.
e. Don't even bother.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes and quality will suffer, but better if you use two discs.

KVCD is preferred by most people though, not by me but it does allow a whole film to be on one disc.

Westside

Sogdiana
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
Yes, you must use a software like nero and use the Burn a VCD option and it will automatically convert the avi (if you have the codec that is) into the appropriate MPEG format that is required by VCD. As for quality dropping, it depends on what quality of avi you had to begin with. VCD have a resolution of 352x240, which is comparable to VHS quality.

R-Unit 4

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I should have made it more clear, I dled a movie from the net in avi format. I wanna convert it to CVD, SVCD or CVD format. Will the quality drop from 1-10( 10 being inviewable)? The movie is DVD quality.

leetdude_007

Official GBAtemp Assassin That Has Never Killed An
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It will probably drop, and may require two CDs, depending on how long the movie is.... since the standard format is so old.

robi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Before I had a DVD burner I would regularly burn VCDs...I really wouldn't recommend putting say a 2 hour movie on one disc, definitely split to two CD-Rs

When I did this years ago I used TMPGEnc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right there, fallout 76 was a letdown, but it not that bad now, they have fixed slot of issues they had at launch. Biggest issue with Fallout 76 is its a pay to advance further type of game, which sucks
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, I may probably download fallout 3 or new vegas on my ps3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    cuz I didnt like fallout 1 that much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    New Vegas is awesome, F3 was ok too.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I played Fallout 4 on PC, I enjoyed it honestly. Not my favorite game on earth but at the same time I didn't hate it at all lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool you got a ps3... Glad to hear. Game on!
    +1
    Ironic this was posted today lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think the tv series has boasted play of, I did see they said playing of it Is up, way more than norm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing the next gen version on Series X all day, I love it. :wub:
    +1
    Downloading some random stuff, damn almost 400GBs in like 4 hours lol
    Gonna be over 1TB this month.... damn lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    At least you have some fast speeds. What a drag that used to be, I remb downloading 1 pic back in the day, and seeing line by line show
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download, good ole AOL. Of course that's before most you guys even were born yet.
    Lol I think my first modem was 48K but it had some sort of firmware or software update that let me get 56K
    +1
    I had EarthLink lol
    A bunch of NetZero accounts that I used for things... Lol
    +1
    So glad I'm not in prison lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea marriage is a bitch sometimes...
    I legit think they passed the cyber terrorism laws from some of my hmm pranks lol
    I knocked the east coast backbone of EarthLink offline for like 6 hours one time, was on the news and everything well I mean I wasn't on the news.... Just they where having "technical difficulties" lol
    +1
    Was just one single custom packet. I miss when Internet security was an afterthought lol almost all modems and network hardware operated in promiscuous mode.
    Now these days they do sanity checks.... The source IP can't also be the destination IP lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Now these days they do sanity checks.... The source IP can't also be the destination IP lol