Hacking Can I update my 3DS now and still use Acekard 2i later?

Icegoten

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just purchased my 3DS yesterday and it's running2.1.0-4 U. I have ordered an Acekard 2i and while I wait for that to get here I would like to at least play some games on it from the e-shop. I have a NDS Lite in working condition and the firmware update compatibility thread says the latest update on the 3DS is 3.0.0-6 but I'm confused if it is required that I update the flashcart on the 3DS or is doing it on my NDS Lite enough to get it to work.

So I could update my 3DS now, play games, when my Acekard 2i arrives in the mail just use my NDS Lite to update it, then I'll be able to use it on my 3DS? Or is that incorrect?

Icegoten

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That doesn't quite help me understand when and where exactly I'm updating.

Are you saying I have to update my Acekard 2i on my 3DS before I update the 3DS?
Are you saying I have to update my Acekard 2i on my NDS Lite before I put it into the 2.1.0-4 U 3DS?
Are you saying I have to update my Acekard 2i on my NDS Lite after I update my 3DS to 3.0.0-6 because if I updated it on 2.1.0-4 I would just have to update it again when I updated my 3DS

EDIT: Ok thank you I understand that.

Fyrus

Artilleur Carmin
Trophies
XP
Country
France
That doesn't quite help me understand when and where exactly I'm updating.

Are you saying I have to update my Acekard 2i on my 3DS before I update the 3DS? Yes
Are you saying I have to update my Acekard 2i on my NDS Lite before I put it into the 2.1.0-4 U 3DS? Depends on which firmware the Acekard is, but it will usually work out of the box
Are you saying I have to update my Acekard 2i on my NDS Lite after I update my 3DS to 3.0.0-6 because if I updated it on 2.1.0-4 I would just have to update it again when I updated my 3DS? You won't be able to update your Acekard on a 3DS if the Acekard stays on a lower firmware

Icegoten

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and you have a dslite so it doesn't matter if you update the 3dsw now. you would be able to update the acekard to work on tjhe dslite

Well I need to use my 3DS to play stuff on the Acekard because my NDS Lite doesn't have a working touch screen and the top screen goes out as well (due to me fixing one problem with the hinge and then I accidentally dropped it in the middle of me putting it back together and ripped the touch screen cable)

What I'm understanding is that my 3DS needs to stay on version 2 while I update the acekard with my NDS Lite and then after I get that updated I can then put it in my 3DS and update the 3DS to version 3.

chaosdarkneo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think he's confused on the fact that people are saying he can update on his DS Lite, but not telling him that AFTER he updates on his DS Lite, it's fully playable on his 3DS - even at the highest firmware.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Load up your pc and monitor, and head to a McDonalds dining room, they have free WiFi