Hacking Can I run 3DZ files on Sky3DS?

BlackOmen52

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I'm waiting for my Sky3DS to arrive and from what I understand, the DiskWriter tool converts .3DS to .3DZ using it's own template. What if I have a .3DZ game already? How should I transfer it to the microSD for my Sky3DS?
If it is possible to use 3DZ files, is it safer to use them or to get .3DS files and convert them to .3DZ with DiskWriter?

Reactions: KhwajaKhan

KhwajaKhan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'd like to know too. I'm in the same situation. Mine will be here tomorrow, and I have some .3dz files would like to play

BlackOmen52

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
.3dz is basically the same as .3ds. All you gotta do is change the extension to .3ds and you'll be fine to play it on sky
BTW, you don't need to bump it after 30 mins lol.

So, I change the format to .3ds and then do the same Disk Writer procedure you usually do with .3ds files for Sky3DS?

Jarrad

Trophies
XP
Country
Wait,

I have a 3DZ file on my sky3ds (Kid icarus) and it's been online patched, so this means that the header (the game's unique code that allows you to play online) has has its private header replaced (which is usually unique to each individual game card) to a public header (the same header that digital games use) so it should be able to be played online, since as far as Nintendo knows I'm just playing a digital game, when in reality it's a physical game on my sky3ds with a digital header?

I don't know, I bet this stuff is really simple once you understand it, but for me it's a bit complicated.
3ds = private header unique to each individual game card ?
3dz = public header shared by all digital downloads ?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

ps sorry for reviving this thread

Sonansune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wait,

I have a 3DZ file on my sky3ds (Kid icarus) and it's been online patched, so this means that the header (the game's unique code that allows you to play online) has has its private header replaced (which is usually unique to each individual game card) to a public header (the same header that digital games use) so it should be able to be played online, since as far as Nintendo knows I'm just playing a digital game, when in reality it's a physical game on my sky3ds with a digital header?

I don't know, I bet this stuff is really simple once you understand it, but for me it's a bit complicated.

sky wont work with 3dz, it still count 3dz as 3ds....
3dz include header, 3ds not.
sky only read header from template file, even u use a 3dz file

Reactions: diowolf

Jarrad

Trophies
XP
Country
sky wont work with 3dz, it still count 3dz as 3ds....
3dz include header, 3ds not.
sky only read header from template file, even u use a 3dz file

Oh, so despite having a 3DZ file on my micro sd card, sky3ds will still read it as a 3DS file?

Sonansune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh, so despite having a 3DZ file on my micro sd card, sky3ds will still read it as a 3DS file?
header are the same.....3dz just a 3ds file that contain the header that work on gw card....
public header means the header share online(in template file), private header is the header that u pull out from ur own first hand cartridge.

Jarrad

Trophies
XP
Country
header are the same.....3dz just a 3ds file that contain the header that work on gw card....
public header means the header share online(in template file), private header is the header that u pull out from ur own first hand cartridge.
yeah..... I know...

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Wait,

Digital games don't use headers and I would not recommend using public headers (this includes the headers in Sky3DS' own template) as it is likely to get you banned sooner or later.

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Method 1 (ONLY SUPPORT GW-Launcher dumped Cartridge .SAV & Pre-Oct-2013 GW .sav)

1) Extract .3DZ's ROM header
2) Use "SkyTempIDEdit.exe <.3DZ ROM header>" to change template
3) Rewrite the game with DiskWriter 1.06b5
4) Use hex editor to inject .3DZ save into an DiskWriter 1.06b5 exported save of this game (replace 0x58~0x80057)
5) Import the modified DiskWriter 1.06b5 exported save
Done

Note: DiskWriter 1.06b5 can be replaced by other 1.X version later than 1.05.
I don't recommend using 2.X because it forces all the game using Card2 which makes the save injection more difficult.

---------------------------------

Method 2 (DOESN'T SUPPORT GW-Launcher dumped Post-Oct-2013 Cartridge .sav)

1) Rename .3DZ save into 000400000FF40A00.sav
2) Go to GW mode, insert GW red card, and mount .3DZ ROM
3) Run SaveDataFiler and export CTR card save
4) Confirm that you're having a Sys 9.2 console, if not, you should get/upgrade one, unless your game is pre-Oct-2013.
5) Go to Sys 9.2 console's RX/Cakes/Pasta/Reinand mode, insert Sky3DS card, and mount the same game
6) Run SaveDataFiler and import the save into CTR card
Done

Last edited by MelonGx,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended