Homebrew Can I play ROMs online?

Aijelsop

Question Asker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only have ROMs in which I own the game cartridge for such as AC:WW.

Will Nintendo ban my DS from using the card if I play AC:WW online from my Acekard 2i? (I downloaded it, but I own the real AC:WW game cartridge. I couldn't get my dumping to work)

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aijelsop said:
Really? Someone told me you can't. Sweet! Also, how do you know they can't tell?
They can't detect their hardware over the network, only the software.

Aijelsop

Question Asker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what your saying is they can't detect where or how the game is being played (from my Acekard) but they can see I am playing Animal Crossing: Wild World with my friends?

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aijelsop said:
So what your saying is they can't detect where or how the game is being played (from my Acekard) but they can see I am playing Animal Crossing: Wild World with my friends?
I'm not sure how it all works, but they cannot see whether or not you're using a flash cartridge.

macgeek417

妁眼のシャナ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I play online with ROMs all the time.

Besides, if Nintendo can't even ban the cheaters on Mario Kart, what makes you think they could ban ROMs?

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
_Chaz_ said:
Aijelsop said:
I'm not sure how it all works, but they cannot see whether or not you're using a flash cartridge.
I think it's something to do with the Friendcode not being built into the ROM. It's randomly generated when you start a save file (or connect online for the first time). This means there are no issues with multiple users having the same code. There are exceptions to this such as Jam With The Band.

Aijelsop

Question Asker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sweet, thanks guys.
biggrin.gif

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chrisrlink said:
Black and white will probably change that though
Even if they didn't, IF will never be supported by Flash Carts. This means it makes more sense to buy the game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, yes