Hacking Can I play 3DS games using a flashcard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

navaidstech

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Guys.. looking for a simple yes or no.

I've done some research and thus far it seems that playing 3DS game backups (on a 3DS console of course) using a flashcard is not possible.
My kid has been bugging me about buying a Zelda OOT game but I've been trying to hold off to see if I can spend my money on a flashcard instead and then d/l a ROM off the net.
My shields are weakening as the pressure from the kid increases, LOL.
So... is it possible and if yes, what would be the best flashcard to get in order to play them? Money is no object.

thanks!!!

DSdonkey77

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
the short answer is no, many flashcarts can be used on the 3ds but they cannot play 3ds games. right now there is no way to play a 3ds game without the game cart and the 3ds. but, that could change today, tomorrow, or never. just keep checking back
smile.gif

edit: dang, beat me to it
tongue.gif

navaidstech

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks DSDonkey. I appreciate the speedy reply. I guess I'll have to bite the bullet (this time) and buy the actual game.
Hey, BTW, what happened to the Canucks? I was rooting for you guys (I live in the Maple Laffs teritory)

D

Deleted-236924

If you can spend money on one flashcard that would be used to play one game, then why not spend money on one retail cart instead?

D

Deleted-236924

navaidstech said:
Pingouin, I'm going to let this one fly but ask me that same question again when you have kids. LOL.
Implying I will have kids.

Assuming I had kids and they wanted only that one single game, I'd rather buy the real cart than buy a flashcart that would only be used for one game.
No, wait. If I had kids, I'd buy the retail cart no matter what because I'd enjoy the game too.

D

Deleted User

No! Don't we have some kind of thread to say "NO!" to these people once and for all?

also: wrong section
alsoAlso: If money is no object, pay for someone to make one for you

navaidstech

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Pingouin7 said:
Not really implying but testing to see whom I'm dealing with... and I was right!

Pingouin7 said:
Assuming I had kids and they wanted only that one single game, I'd rather buy the real cart than buy a flashcart that would only be used for one game.
No crap Sherlock, ya think???

QUOTE(Pingouin7 @ Jun 21 2011, 03:03 PM)
No, wait. If I had kids, I'd buy the retail cart no matter what because I'd enjoy the game too.

Huh?

Anyway, I'd love to continue this conversation with you but only after you move out of your parents' place and start living in the real world.
Email me... I'll be around. We'll compare notes.
smile.gif

navaidstech

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
tigris said:
No! Don't we have some kind of thread to say "NO!" to these people once and for all?

also: wrong section
alsoAlso: If money is no object, pay for someone to make one for you

Hey kid... here is an idea: read my post before you reply.
The first line should give you a clue that I'm looking for a simple answer, not a diatribe from some pipsqueak hopped up on Red Bull.

I'm more than willing to take criticism about my post but do it in a civilized manner - you know, like the grown ups do.
Nuff said?

D

Deleted-236924

navaidstech said:
Pingouin7 said:
Not really implying but testing to see whom I'm dealing with... and I was right!

Pingouin7 said:
No crap Sherlock, ya think???

QUOTE(Pingouin7 @ Jun 21 2011, 03:03 PM)

Huh?

Anyway, I'd love to continue this conversation with you but only after you move out of your parents' place and start living in the real world.
Email me... I'll be around. We'll compare notes.
smile.gif
So basically you're telling a Zelda fan that he wouldn't be buying a retail version of a game in the future?

P.S. A video game costs nothing compared to the amount of money you have to shell out for a kid.
As I said, I won't be having kids.
It's no use comparing two persons that would live in two very different situations, don't you think?

navaidstech

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Pingouin7 said:
So basically you're telling a Zelda fan that he wouldn't be buying a retail version of a game in the future?

Wha..? Are you serious?
In the future, Zelda will be the least of his concerns as he enters an adolescent age. You know what I mean, right?..... yeah, I didn't think so.

Pingouin7 said:
P.S. A video game costs nothing compared to the amount of money you have to shell out for a kid.
And you know this how?
Keep in mind that if you ever move out and live on your own, and the life bites your in the arse - you'll do anything to save a buck and keep your kids happy...

Pingouin7 said:
As I said, I won't be having kids.
Seeing your previous comments, this might be a good thing....We, the old people, thank you very much.

QUOTE(Pingouin7 @ Jun 22 2011, 02:48 PM)
It's no use comparing two persons that would live in two very different situations, don't you think?

Ya, no crap. Remember, none of this would have happened if you stuck to the topic of my original question. Maybe this will teach you to shut your trap and stop mouthing off to others with your pre-adolescent "wisdom".

navaidstech

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
machomuu said:
navaidstech said:
Pingouin7 said:
And you know this how?

Are you kidding? This is taught in school, most people know this. Also, it's common sense.
Obviously you have missed the intended meaning behind the question, but I understand.

QUOTE(machomuu @ Jun 22 2011, 04:39 PM)
Your age shows.
Oh don't I know it.

You kids play nice now, I'll leave you all alone.

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
You really should stop insulting them if they're trying to help. Piracy isn't a good thing to get your kids into.

And wouldn't it have been common knowledge that 3DS ROMs can't be played yet?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
navaidstech said:
Guys.. looking for a simple yes or no.

I've done some research and thus far it seems that playing 3DS game backups (on a 3DS console of course) using a flashcard is not possible.
My kid has been bugging me about buying a Zelda OOT game but I've been trying to hold off to see if I can spend my money on a flashcard instead and then d/l a ROM off the net.
My shields are weakening as the pressure from the kid increases, LOL.
So... is it possible and if yes, what would be the best flashcard to get in order to play them? Money is no object.

thanks!!!

You can use your flashcart as either a stylus or a button-presser. So YES, you can play 3DS games using a flashcart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyBmc3-J5AM