Hacking Can I mod a 2ds to run another os?

Sizednochi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The problem would be getting the internals to actually fit properly though. Also, the screen would be a major issue as you'd need one that is just the right size.
That being said it would be pretty cool to see :P
Seeing how somebody managed to shove a GameCube inside a PSP, I wouldn't doubt it

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's obvious the OP is a troll, and everyone's taken the bait. Hasn't replied to the thread at all and is suggesting something ridiculous with no knowledge of the 3DS/2DS. I mean, no one is that naïve/ignorant.
Never underestimate the stupidity of people, especially if you plan on doing something that involves handling customers or creating sortware. There's a quote I like: Imagine how stupid the average person can be, and then imagine half of all people are even more stupid.

Reactions: IronClouds

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
everything is in ARM11 (ARM assembly), even the structures inside OS are built to "analogically" talk with 3DS screens, sound, and such.

now, given android exists for most ARM devices, I don't see why not. but 4.4 android on a 266mhz device..

luigi90210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Solder in

Even if by some miracle it worked, what would be the point? You'd end up with an underpowered, crippled tablet not able to run much of anything, and would probably wreck your ability to play 3ds games as well.

You might as well buy one of those crappy 49$ Chinese tablets and a cheap Bluetooth controller if your worried about cost. There slow, cumbersome, and don't run much of anything, so it would be the same experiance.

Otherwise, just get a real tablet that actually runs stuff, like a nexus.

Edit: I mean really, this is thread is like saying "The Xbox and PS4 have the same architecture! I'll just solder in another chip and a switch, then I'll have both machines at once!" It's absurd.

well the point would be to have a 2ds running android

my point is that no one should be shooting him down, will it be fast? no, will it be worth the time? no but who cares, why do you care?
sometimes people just do things that dont make sense, who gives a shit if they are doing it to their own device, unless your personally affected by OP putting android on his 2ds in some way

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If he wants to wreck a perfectly good 2ds, he's welcome to it. The more sensible people here are just trying to save him the trouble of having a brick on his hand. Assuming this wasn't all a massive troll, then hey, well played I guess...

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
how is this not intelligent? it would be awesome if OP got it working just to show all you naysayers that you're wrong

you are quite right, it would be awesome if he got it all working, but, not that i like to be negative (like so many others here) but, this person is more than likely not going to make this happen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.