Hacking Can I mod a 2ds to run another os?

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
the guy says he knows java, this goes to show that just because you know a programming language, does not mean you are intelligent.
and anyway, implementing a switch to change between bands would be simple compared to actually making it read the band from the sd card.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
cool idea!!

let's start a kickstarted project!

this gave me an idea! why we just don't take out the nand chip from the 2ds and put in the CPU socket in my motherboard so i can have a 2ds emulator!

luigi90210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the guy says he knows java, this goes to show that just because you know a programming language, does not mean you are intelligent.
and anyway, implementing a switch to change between bands would be simple compared to actually making it read the band from the sd card.

how is this not intelligent? it would be awesome if OP got it working just to show all you naysayers that you're wrong

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Solder in
how is this not intelligent? it would be awesome if OP got it working just to show all you naysayers that you're wrong

Even if by some miracle it worked, what would be the point? You'd end up with an underpowered, crippled tablet not able to run much of anything, and would probably wreck your ability to play 3ds games as well.

You might as well buy one of those crappy 49$ Chinese tablets and a cheap Bluetooth controller if your worried about cost. There slow, cumbersome, and don't run much of anything, so it would be the same experiance.

Otherwise, just get a real tablet that actually runs stuff, like a nexus.

Edit: I mean really, this is thread is like saying "The Xbox and PS4 have the same architecture! I'll just solder in another chip and a switch, then I'll have both machines at once!" It's absurd.

MichiS97

"Leftist snowflake milennial"
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Gosh you're all so slow, I hacked my WiiU and 3DS (6.3) a long time ago! Just enter the Konami Code 500 times in the main menu and then pour the blood of your firstborn in the speakers, it's so easy!

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
How to mod a 2DS to run Android:
1. Get a 2DS and a small Android tablet.
2. Remove 2DS and tablet internals.
3. Put tablet internals inside 2DS.
4. ???
5. Profit!
One backdraw is that the buttons will not work though. Neither will the SD slot. Or the camera. (unless you transfer those from the Android tab as well)

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
the op should take a phd in quantum physics, maybe he can make a time machine using a toaster and horse poo

justinkb

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Gosh you're all so slow, I hacked my WiiU and 3DS (6.3) a long time ago! Just enter the Konami Code 500 times in the main menu and then pour the blood of your firstborn in the speakers, it's so easy!
Didn't work for me. Maybe I didn't count to 500 correctly.

P.S. Anyone want to buy a bloodless baby corpse? ;-)

Sizednochi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
How to mod a 2DS to run Android:
1. Get a 2DS and a small Android tablet.
2. Remove 2DS and tablet internals.
3. Put tablet internals inside 2DS.
4. ???
5. Profit!
One backdraw is that the buttons will not work though. Neither will the SD slot. Or the camera. (unless you transfer those from the Android tab as well)
To be honest, you could cannibalize an android bluetooth controller and solder the connections so the buttons work. You could also wire up the SD slot. And the tablet would have a Camera.

I say go for it, OP. You'll be living your dream!

Somewhat

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
To be honest, you could cannibalize an android bluetooth controller and solder the connections so the buttons work. You could also wire up the SD slot. And the tablet would have a Camera.

I say go for it, OP. You'll be living your dream!

Somewhat
The problem would be getting the internals to actually fit properly though. Also, the screen would be a major issue as you'd need one that is just the right size.
That being said it would be pretty cool to see :P

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
While we're at it maybe someone can figure out how to take two gbas and make a ds out of the two. Also should be able to run crysis.

Reactions: mameks

Thanatos Telos

random stuff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It works! My uncle's friend's sister's half-brother's mother's son's girlfriend's father's granddad was a janitor there!

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's obvious the OP is a troll, and everyone's taken the bait. Hasn't replied to the thread at all and is suggesting something ridiculous with no knowledge of the 3DS/2DS. I mean, no one is that naïve/ignorant.

Reactions: Boy12

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pass