Homebrew Can I make my "New" 3DS XL use the "Older" models Operating System? And are there any "Cheats" for AC Happy Home yet?

RosiePosie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to be able to use this site again on my "New" 3DS XL, (https://gbatemp.net/threads/spider-animal-crossing-new-leaf-ram-editor.382965/). Is it even possible since the new systems have new/newer/different software? Please respond, I want to play ACNL on my new system but am spoiled by the neat things I got to do with that editor. Also, are there any "Cheats" for AC Happy Home? I have all of the cards for Series 1 and 2, but 3 has not yet been released, at least not in the US.

Thanks,

Rose

RosiePosie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(Literally Laughing) I know what you said makes sense (it must!) but to me it reads like Klingon. I'm going to have to "Google" every 3 letter suggestion you gave. Uggg... Being/getting old sucks!

OK... Back... Will I have to get/use a flashcart? If so, which is best? I have a couple of DSTwo's, but they aren't for the 3D versions of games.

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Use a o3DS FW on a N3DS? That's a one way ticket to a bricked console. You CAN however, downgrade a N3DS to 9.2 firmware, but it must be marked "N3DS 9.2(insert region here)" NOT o3DS 9.2!!! There's TON of guides on GBAtemp and other places that can help you out. It's definitely possible, but you have to know what you're doing. I think "cheats" require CFW to use.

RosiePosie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea!!! Thanks Chary!!! I'll use a non limited edition "New" 3DS to practice on (laugh). If that works then I'll try it on the one I really want it on. Will it be glitchy like Rhapsody said?

Mistie

Legit Furry Trash
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can totally technically run o3DS OS on the n3DS assuming you go through the process of "repairing" it for the n3DS. So you would probably want to install it to emuNAND, repair it (using OTPHelper), and flash it to sysNAND using the arm9loaderhax.3dsx (assuming you have a9lh). If you don't care about it being on sysNAND just install the o3ds on a formatted emuNAND, back it up, "repair" it (using OTPHelper), flash it. Boom o3DS OS on n3ds.

Edit: though it is possible that does not mean it should be done! It will likely be *!!!!!VERY!!!!!* broken for many different things.

http://usuaris.tinet.cat/mark/acnl_editor/

Here is an editor that you can use on your computer perfectly safely (Assuming you have your saves backed up)

RosiePosie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OMG!!! The 3 letter thing again. That's code for it's so freaking complicated that we (those that use and understand the three letter thing) decided to use three letters. But those letters REALLY mean SO SO many EVIL other words and things and such that I (a mere mortal) could not possibly understand yet what they mean (hopeful smile while laughing).

Really, I have NO idea how any of that works... This is going to take a LONG time...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: guys why the hell is my internet connection so shit rn?