Hacking Can I install homebrew on Wii 4.3?

sfulla31

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
A friend of mine has came to me with their Wii which they have already updated to 4.3 E, as of yet there wii has not been "hacked" in any way but they want to now install the Homebrew Channel, is this possible??? If its not then they would like at least a disc loader channel such as neo gamma, any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah, it should be completely possible.

Here's how:

Install the OLDEST revision of IOS41 (get with NUSD, install with WAD Manager)
Run TBR, choose to run on IOS41 and downgrade IOS15
Reload TBR, choose to run on IOS15, patch IOS36 with all patches and install to IOS36 or IOS236, your choice
Reload TBR one last time, choose to run on IOS36 and upgrade IOS15
Run dop-Mii and choose to run on IOS36/IOS236, wherever you installed patched IOS36
Choose to install IOS34, and install v3348
Run the priiloader installer and install Priiloader
Get the 4.3x hacks.ini, and install the "No Delete RDZx, HAXX, DVDX, JODI, DISK, DISC" hack
Run HackMii Installer and install HBC and DVDx
Voila, Wii is hacked.
(Optional) Update IOS34 to its latest revision (I think this must be done manually with NUSD and WAD Manager, and is advisable)

You'll need to run everything via Indiana Pwns or Smash Stack. As you need to run various tools etc, I advise using LoadMii as boot.elf on root of card, and then use it to run various apps.

Finally, I have not tested this method personally, but to the best of my knowledge it should work fine.

EDIT: If you're unsure about any steps, don't try to follow the guide.

sfulla31

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I hacked my own wii but it was 4.0 I believe, I followed a guide which i found on this site and it was fool proof really, Im just a bit stuck now, when I done my own I was dead proud ov myself, thought I was a bit clever if im honest and told my mate I should be able to help them out....then this 4.3 update has arrived andput me back to square 1!!

so sifjar, as much as I appreciate your help your post was clear as mud really mate, cheers though

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
sfulla31 said:
I hacked my own wii but it was 4.0 I believe, I followed a guide which i found on this site and it was fool proof really, Im just a bit stuck now, when I done my own I was dead proud ov myself, thought I was a bit clever if im honest and told my mate I should be able to help them out....then this 4.3 update has arrived andput me back to square 1!!

so sifjar, as much as I appreciate your help your post was clear as mud really mate, cheers though
I sort of purposefully didn't go out of my way to make it simple to follow (not trying to be nasty though
tongue.gif
). Its untested, and probably not a good idea, as there are quite a few steps, each of which has the potential to go wrong, so I don't want to be the cause of bricks. I hope that by making it vague, noobs will say "I'll wait for something clearer". Best idea is wait a week or two until the new HackMii Installer is released.

sfulla31

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ill do that mate, cheers, and I appreciate your impossible to follow instructions and your subsequent honesty
wink.gif
........all the best mate, take it easy.

M[u]ddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
SifJar said:
sfulla31 said:

I sort of purposefully didn't go out of my way to make it simple to follow (not trying to be nasty though
tongue.gif
). Its untested, and probably not a good idea, as there are quite a few steps, each of which has the potential to go wrong, so I don't want to be the cause of bricks. I hope that by making it vague, noobs will say "I'll wait for something clearer". Best idea is wait a week or two until the new HackMii Installer is released.
I can confirm, that the method works. I didn't need to restore the trucha bug since I still had cIOS38 rev19 as IOS250, but everything else went fine.
Don't forget that Priiloader installation needs a patched IOS36 as IOS36. If you choose to install it to IOS236 you have to install cIOS38 rev19 as IOS249.

Awesome turtwig

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My friend is try to hack his Wii. It's a virgin on V 4.3U. Now I got him to the part where you load a .elf file through the brawl stages, and nothing installs for him. We get to the GUI in hackmii, but it says it can't be installed, I tried the very basic homebrew channel installer, the one for the twilight hack, and it said tickets could not be installed... Any ideas guys?

Awesome turtwig

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BBking83 said:
The HBC can't be installed on 4.3 yet. People are using IndyPwns/SmashStack to execute .dol/.elf HB apps.

I see, that's unfortunate. Well I'll get him to install some cios if possible. Then whenever h needs to use the backup loader, he'll have to go through brawl first.

Riley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
BBking83 said:
The HBC can't be installed on 4.3 yet. People are using IndyPwns/SmashStack to execute .dol/.elf HB apps.
You can use this to patch IOS36, then use wad manager to install IOS34 v3348. Finally run the hackmii installer.

4.3U - Smash Stack / lego indiana jones
4.3E - Lego indiana jones
4.3J - No exploit
4.3K - No way to downgrade IOS

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
Riley said:
BBking83 said:
You can use this to patch IOS36, then use wad manager to install IOS34 v3348. Finally run the hackmii installer.

4.3U - Smash Stack / lego indiana jones
4.3E - Lego indiana jones
4.3J - No exploit
4.3K - No way to downgrade IOS
Yeah, I know. Cheers.

You'll also need Priiloader to disable JODI deletion.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had one before that, and never had one since