Hacking Can I hack a New 3DS XL on Ver.11.8.0-41U?

G-fuzz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi. I was wondering if it is possible to hack a New 3DS XL on Ver.11.8.0-41U and if it is possible, how do I go by doing so? Thanks.

G-fuzz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've hit sort of a roadblock, due to the New 3DS XL's firmware version, it seems I have to use an "All Versions" method, for "ntrboot", it requires a flashcart, and the only one I seem to have of the ones the guide mentions is the "Gateway Blue", and it says "3DS Versions?" "4.1.0 - 4.5.0", so my assumption is that I can't use it to hack the New 3DS XL due to it's firmware version, leaving me to believe that my ony other option is "Installing boot9strap (Hardmod)", and I have no idea how to carry that out. Are my assumptions correct or is there actually a way to hack my New 3DS XL with the "Gateway Blue" cart despite the console's firmware version? Sorry if I don't seem knowledgeable, I'm kinda new to this. Thanks.

Reactions: MrMcTiller

MrMcTiller

GBATemp's Tiller
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've hit sort of a roadblock, due to the New 3DS XL's firmware version, it seems I have to use an "All Versions" method, for "ntrboot", it requires a flashcart, and the only one I seem to have of the ones the guide mentions is the "Gateway Blue", and it says "3DS Versions?" "4.1.0 - 4.5.0", so my assumption is that I can't use it to hack the New 3DS XL due to it's firmware version, leaving me to believe that my ony other option is "Installing boot9strap (Hardmod)", and I have no idea how to carry that out. Are my assumptions correct or is there actually a way to hack my New 3DS XL with the "Gateway Blue" cart despite the console's firmware version? Sorry if I don't seem knowledgeable, I'm kinda new to this. Thanks.

As long as the flashcart can be flashed with NTRBoothax, you will be fine.

EDIT: If you have a DSi or DS lite, you can flash the Gateway with ntrboot hax using this guide.

https://3ds.hacks.guide/ntrboot.html

Just scroll down and choose either flash with ds or dsi.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Or better yet, you can update to 11.9 and use seedminer.

Last edited by MrMcTiller, , Reason: More info
Reactions: Lacius

G-fuzz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
As long as the flashcart can be flashed with NTRBoothax, you will be fine.

EDIT: If you have a DSi or DS lite, you can flash the Gateway with ntrboot hax using this guide.

https://3ds.hacks.guide/ntrboot.html

Just scroll down and choose either flash with ds or dsi.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Or better yet, you can update to 11.9 and use seedminer.
Which method would you recommend?

osm70

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
requires buying a flashcard which is wasting money, time and is outdated. Update to version 11.9.0-42U which is the latest firmware and follow this guide:
it is the easiest 3ds hacking guide and its free. You just need a free dsiware game from the eshop

There is no such thing as free DSiWare game in Europe, though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1