Homebrew Can I do a system transfer from a 9.9 sysNAND to 9.5 emuNAND?

spoonm

Can count to 3.
OP
Trophies
Website
spoonm.org
XP
Country
Brazil
So... I read here and there that latest emuNAND support for the N3DS is 9.5. First off, is that right? I'm getting a N3DS on 9.0(MM N3DSXL), so I know I can use browserhax/ninjhax/etc. to launch ninjhax 1.0/1.1 and from there install the Gateway Launcher, yada yada.

From reading a tutorial here on GBAtemp, I can use the GW Launcher to create an emuNAND, then boot from it with a boot manager or from the Gateway Launcher.

Now, from another thread, I saw that you can use HANS to spoof the firmware for the system transfer app and have that work for transfers between two recent firmwares. At least I believe people claimed it worked for now. Sadly, it was mentioned that 9.4+ introduced new encryption(I don't know the specifics, sorry) methods with a new system transfer app and that's the reason why, even though you can spoof the firmware on older versions, you can't do a system transfer from X.X-9.3 to 9.4+ and vice versa.

I have an O3DS XL on 9.9. I have ironhax and menuhax on it. I want to transfer my games + NNID to the N3DS XL on 9.0. I understand that's not possible, but if I can get emuNAND on 9.4-9.5, I can probably do a system transfer to it. If I get *hax 2.5 on that, launch the system transfer app with spoofed firmware through HANS, can I get a successful transfer from the O3DS XL?

Also, if that is indeed possible, are there any disadvantages to having my games on emuNAND?

And last question: if I can't do the system transfer, I believe dumping my games and installing them on emuNAND is a simple process, but don't I need my NNID to go online? :/

Sorry for the long question. I underlined the questions for a tl;dr.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: though my mom has documents here on my pc