Hacking Question Can I clone hidden emunand

yusuo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There's a few posts about moving old emunand to hidden emunand but I can't see anything about moving hidden emunand to new sd.

The story being is I think the sd card I'm using is on its way out, its a 64gb card and I want to move all contents to a new 64gb.

How would I go about doing this in a way that SX OS would recognise, could I just ghost the sd with win32diskimager or something similar, or would the switch look for the sd identifier number and if so, how can I go about moving

yusuo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Since the cards are the same size, imaging from one to the other should work.
It's backing up now and I'll write it tonight, just thinking as they're different brands they might not be byte for byte identical but we shall see, I've had issues with that before with (supposed) same capacity hdd

GraFfiX420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's backing up now and I'll write it tonight, just thinking as they're different brands they might not be byte for byte identical but we shall see, I've had issues with that before with (supposed) same capacity hdd

If that's the case you can always follow the tutorial I wrote for moving emunand, it works for moving from sd to sd.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP

They will be byte for byte identical.

I think you're getting confused with the number of pages/bytes that the sd card has that is usable. If both cards are the same size, they will have the same amount of bytes that can be read/written to. When you clone a disk - you're cloning the information read from byte 0 to byte 0, byte 1 to byte 1 - etc.
You would on get errors if some of the memory card space was unreadable/unwritable.

BigJoeCool76

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm... when I upgraded to 128 gb from 32gb, I just formatted the new card then copied all the files over. Didn't realize I was supposed to take extra steps. Maybe that's why my Retroarch is trippin.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou