Homebrew Can I change my Japanese New 3DS emunand menu language ?

AhmedMH

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello everyone,

I am sorry if I create a new thread for something already known. I really want to change the menu language of my JPN New 3DS on 9.1.0-20J firmware to English or French, but based on my research I found methods about changing the region of the 3DS consoles especially the "3ds.guide" one, but it sounds to me that those guides are now old and complicated using sometimes rxTools, Reinand CFW or requiring to have installed arm9loaderhax.

In my case, my JPN New 3DS have 9.1.0-20J on SysNand and 11.2.0-35J as EmuNand with Luma3DS CFW, can anyone please simplify things to me for how to proceed to change my menu language (or region of course) ? and thanks in advance

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
the region change process is fairly simple now thanks to ctrtransfer

just follow the 3ds.guide steps but perform the secure info editing and ctrtransfer steps to emunand instead of sysnand

(just not changing system region will break legitimate eshop access)

AhmedMH

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
All right thank you very much gamesquest1, I will try this and if I get any problem I will reply to this thread

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
just be certain not to do anything with sysnand as shown in the guide, that process is only for a9lh consoles, if you do it on sysnand you will end up with a bricked system

ps I do suggest getting a9lh, but I'm sure you are already aware of all the benefits but just do t want to,so I won't beat a dead horse any longer :P

Last edited by gamesquest1,

AhmedMH

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hhhh all right but don't worry, even if I get my 3DS bricked I can restore it anytime with hardmod, I have already downgrade it from 11.2.0-35J to 9.1.0-20J with hardmod and thanks to soundhax

Reactions: gamesquest1

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: