Hacking Can GW dump sky3ds saves?

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Tested and the answer is NO.

My suggestion is don't use Sky3DS to play anything which makes the savedata important, since EEPROM-Yes saves are inconvertible and easy-to-be-corrupted by even official DiskWriter's backup/restoring.

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
CARD2 games, yes you can load savedata with Sky3DS with appropriate header.
CARD1 games, yes you can do with powersaves along with appropriate header as well.

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Tested and the answer is NO.

My suggestion is don't use Sky3DS to play anything which makes the savedata important, since EEPROM-Yes saves are inconvertible and easy-to-be-corrupted by even official DiskWriter's backup/restoring.

If you have Powersaves, you can backup/restore savedata with dump games. Backup your retail card then restore save to Sky3DS. That's the way I'm doing.

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
CARD1 games, yes you can do with powersaves along with appropriate header as well.
Forgot this method. Thanks for your remind.
But this requires the Sky3DS user to know how SaveDataFiler works and to own a console to convert any save into SaveDataFiler format, if the user wants to inject save or convert it into universal save formats.

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Forgot this method. Thanks for your remind.
But this requires the Sky3DS user to know how SaveDataFiler works and to own a console to convert any save into SaveDataFiler format.

Sure. I have 2 3DS, the old one is using CFW, run SaveDataFilter to import/export savedata from CIA to Sky3DS without any issue. I think it should work well with .3ds from the red card (GW).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: