1. elimist

elimist GBAtemp Regular

United States
    dont upgrade your mod at store, just use the complete soft mod guide. as long as you do exactly what the guide tells you to do, there is 0 chance of brick. I used it to softmod my wii.

2. PsyBlade

PsyBlade Snake Charmer

Gambia, The
    none of the programs in post one should increase the brick chance
    and just having them deleted by an update is only an inconvenience
    id reinstall them over a bootmii-ios (ios!) nand restore

3. sonictopfan

sonictopfan GBAtemp Addict

thanks for fast reply, i'll check the guide you gave me but i might just do it at the store anyway, it's cheap and safer, but at least i now know updating my mod is possible and there's a chance for me to get back the homebrew, thanks man!

4. nabster92

nabster92 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I would not rely on a bootmii-ios nand restore for just reinstalling things that an update deleted. First off you needlessly lose any save data or progress you made since the backup, and second, there's no guarantee doing a restore through that won't just fuck you up even harder. A NAND backup from bootmii IOS should pretty much be limited to being restored with an infectus in the event of a brick that you can't fix otherwise. There are much safer options you have in any situation that you have access to bootmii IOS.

Also Priiloader + bootmii IOS is not really the same protection as boot2 bootmii, but it's enough for most any kind of brick that isn't the result of you just being a dumbass.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - softmodded, updates,