Gaming Can Black ops break my Wii disc drive ?

codmaster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Poeple was talking about that,dunno,i mean,even on backups or Hard Drives??
if i backed it up on a DVD,can it still break my Wii,or when i put it on a HHD??

Donkey Plonk

Trophies
XP
Country
Don't know why people say this.
The CoD series of games read a lot of data by the sounds of things from all diff parts of the disc and to this end, CoD games make the wii laser noisy.
I don't think its particularly damaging, its standard with all wiis even with legit copies of cod.

caster62003

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any game, retail or pirated, can kill any disc drive. Having that little laser head flying around trying to find the right data can be painful to any drive, but they are built for this kind of abuse, so they suck it up and deal with it, for now anyways. If you are able to copy the game to a HDD, I would recommend it, now only do you not have to worry about killing the drive, but you also get the benefit that you are running the game from something that is a lot faster than most drives, at least the Wii drive anyways, and it is built even more for the rapid access games require, an SSD would be even better for this...But I don't we are at this point in the game yet.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yes. BlackOps is so badass that it may make your Wii explode. Damn, it can make your BRAIN explode. I heard that putting it on a hard drive lowers DVD-Laser wear.

Your head can still pop from awesome overdose though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)