Hacking Can anyone play Dragon Quest XI (J) with Ninjhax/Hans ?

Gligli

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
So far, it's been a problem I had not further investigated, saying myself, "anyway, just gotta wait the Western release of the game (and actually BUY it)", but since DQXI will not be coming to Europe, I'm back to the point I need to boot that japanese ROM on my euro 3DS (Sky3DS+ / Ninjhax 2.9 / HANS region-unlock script).

DQXI is a 4GB rom, which means you have to either trim it, or format your memory card to EXFAT.
I tried both ways to proceed, as I used to do with fat roms like Hyrule Warriors, and yet - DQXI remains the only japanese game so far that Ninjhax and Hans won't boot (the screen freezes when trying to launch game).

Did anyone encounter a similar problem when trying to play the japanese ROM ? Any clue how to make it work out ?

It seems that the japanese DQXI rom is working fine on Sky3DS+ with, of course, a japanese 3DS, since the game icon won't pop up using a non-japanese 3DS. That's why we have to use Ninjhax and the region-free launcher script. And this is where the problem happens.

Thanks in advance !

Last edited by Gligli,

SCOTT0852

shiny rubber creature
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You seem to be using really outdated methods for... well, everything. You'll want to follow 3ds.hacks.guide, which will help you install Boot9Strap and Luma CFW, which allows you to do things like installing your backups to the home menu & letting you play them without needing something like Hans. You'll also never have to touch ninjhax or your Sky3DS ever again, as they're essentially built in to Luma.
Once you're done, put the backup on your 3DS's SD card and use the Convert .3DS to .CIA script from the GodMode9 Scripts Megathread and install it with FBI. (Note: this will install to your system's SD card, so you won't need your flashcart anymore & if that SD card is bigger than your 3DS's you might want to swap them(don't forget to ctrl+c ctrl+v your files from the currently-3DS SD to the currently-flashcart's SD!)).

Reactions: Gligli

Gligli

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks for your quick answer ! Well, yes, I've always been afraid to do anything that could harm or brick my hardware, since I'm more or less a n00b and not really confident with these manipulations (that's why I've always been using flashcarts and relatively "safe" hacking methods). These how-to's seem really helpful, I'm gonna try this solution as Square definitely doesn't want to bring that game to Europe !

Adamator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good evening

I am having the exact same problem and thought I would reply here instead of making a new thread. I have a 4GB .3ds file of DQ11 that I can't transfer to an SD Card due to the FAT32 limit. Is there a way around this? My systems is already using Luma 3DS. I want to convert the game to a cia but I cant because every guide uses the 3DS to do the converting. Is there no way to make a cia file solely on a computer? What are my options to get this 4gb game to my system?

Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol