Gaming Can anyone help me identify the problem?

LastMoment

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use a DS Lite and I more or less leave the charger permanently in the DS.

Anyways, lately, my DS has been dying on me. Even though the charger would be in, the battery would go to red and I would realize it wasn't charging. I'd shake the charger around for a bit, take it out and then plug it back in and change angles and etc. and sometimes it would charge again. Usually, it doesn't charge when the DS is closed but charges during games, but I don't think the battery is always full when the DS is closed.

There was a period when it just plain out didn't charge. I tried to clean it up a bit since I thought there was debris in there cutting off the connection, and that kind of worked. It now charges at random like before.

Anyways, my question is this: is there a problem with my DS, Charger, Battery, or is the connection just bad? If the connection is bad, is there a way I can clean it efficiently or fix it somehow? I want to know which one of these I would need to replace if something's broken.

LastMoment

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you very much for helping me identify the problem =D. I just googled it and it seems my F1 is blown, although it still charges... sometimes.

I don't have the materials to fix it myself and don't really want to open it anyways. Is there a rough estimate to how much repairs would cost and any ways for me to prevent this from happening in the future?

AlanJohn

くたばれ
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.deenextreme.com
XP
Country
Ukraine
LastMoment said:
Thank you very much for helping me identify the problem =D. I just googled it and it seems my F1 is blown, although it still charges... sometimes.

I don't have the materials to fix it myself and don't really want to open it anyways. Is there a rough estimate to how much repairs would cost and any ways for me to prevent this from happening in the future?
It should cost around 1/2 bucks.
When your DS is fully charged, then don't put it on charge all day.

LastMoment

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm... cheaper than I expected. Alright, thanks a lot. I'll be sure to take better care of my DS now. I really should have posted about this sooner. >.>

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    light27 @ light27: oh it’s the least I could do +1