Can anyone answer some quick questions about arm9hax

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Odven, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Odven
    OP

Odven Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 30, 2014
    Underground
    I just finished following the guide to the point that I have a cfw sysnand, however I did not back up my emunand (I like purging every once in awhile) from when you first start downgrading, so I can't use any of my installed titles obviously. I was going to delete the 3ds folder, but it says in the guide to not delete it. Will deleting it have any effects on my system?

2. Bu2d85

Bu2d85 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

GBAtemp Patron
    Bu2d85 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 6, 2014
    United States
    The 3ds folder is used for homebrew. If you do not need it you can delete it. I recommend saving it on your computer or something in case you change your mind.

3. Odven
    OP

Odven Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 30, 2014
    Underground
    Sorry I meant um... Nintendo 3ds folder, where the nand stuff is. Also it looks like my system was using the 21gb folder that had all my titles in it.. So I'm guessing that I have to remove the titles some other way. I haven't used a title manager yet since it's not installed, but my system wont boot now...

Last edited by Odven, Mar 16, 2016
  4. Bu2d85

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Nov 6, 2014
    United States
    Oh. It will just delete all of your games and home menu information. When you restart the system it will rebuild the folder minus the games.

5. Odven
    OP

Odven Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 30, 2014
    Underground
    So what does it indicate if the power light blinks on for a second and turns off... I deleted everything that wasn't in the picture at the end of the guide, except for one of the Nintendo3ds folders, which I'm copying it back right now lol.

6. Bu2d85

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Nov 6, 2014
    United States
    You need the arm9loader.bin on the root of your sd card. Read the first post of the AuReiNand thread. That should fix you.

7. Odven
    OP

Odven Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 30, 2014
    Underground
    Hahaha, yea that's probably the reason. the screenshot I had wasn't scrolled over all the way -_- Thanks lol