Homebrew Can Any thing be done?

Coogie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've a 3ds here it's the kids he is not playing with it,it's lying there,
It has 1.0.0.-e firmware on it.is there any thing I can do with it to get free games on it?if I update it will it shot to 11.3 firmware?cheers

Demifiend

The bored one
Trophies
XP
Country
I've a 3ds here it's the kids he is not playing with it,it's lying there,
It has 1.0.0.-e firmware on it.is there any thing I can do with it to get free games on it?if I update it will it shot to 11.3 firmware?cheers

Holy crap it has 1.0.0 firmware! anyway, in order to hack a 3DS to play free games on it, you have two options, either buy a flashcard or install a CFW, most people here have chosen CFW due to how easier it is to use compared to a flashcard nowadays, anyway, since you're on the very first firmware you will need to update, however, you don't have to update to 11.3, you can buy a game that has an older firmware and you're set to go, check 3dsdb.com and look for any games below 11.3, preferably look for ones below 11.0 just in case

After doing that, go to this site: https://3ds.guide/ and the guide will set you up quickly

isanchez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow really really old firmware, i would recomend getting game with 9 firmware 9.2 or a bit higher but not 11.3 that one is bad and also this site helps

Coogie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brilliant folks for the reply,
So I buy a game put it in and will it update to say 11.0 firmware will it nit go to 11.3?

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you can find the cartridge for roller coaster tycoon 3d, then you can update to 2.1 and install 19lh right from there. Other wise, nearly any cartridge should update you to an appropriate firmware.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Brilliant folks for the reply,
So I buy a game put it in and will it update to say 11.0 firmware will it nit go to 11.3?
yes, pretty much any game, but not all update you to 11.0. Just mention which game you want to use and i'll google it real fast.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you have a cartridge of any 3ds launch title you should be able to update to 2.1. A great example of this is star fox 64 3d.

Coogie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't no which on I'm abit confused folks.theres a cartridge in it with a micro sd card,which cartridge will I buy to get the mods..

Coogie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yous are amazing help,
Put the cart in and will it tell me you need to update the firmware to say 11.0.
Will at firmware be installed in the cart?
Do I need to be connected to the Internet for the update..thanks to everyone who has help me..

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yous are amazing help,
Put the cart in and will it tell me you need to update the firmware to say 11.0.
Do I need to be connected to the Internet for the update..thanks to everyone who has help me..
Try to find the earliest game possible. Star fox 64 3D, roller coaster tycoon 3D, oot3d etc.

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yous are amazing help,

If you see my earlier post:

You need a cartridge with the right firmware:
http://3dsdb.com/

Look there for what cart has which firmware, anything lower than 11.2.0 and higher or equal to 2.1 will work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E